Aster Designer Model

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2011, 03:20 AM
Veteran member
Default Aster Designer Model

Posted in New Members forum and although 198 people viewed it so far, no comments so I thought I would move it to this forum for better results:

We will be locking in our lot later this summer and building 12 months later and are looking at the Aster Designer Home.

We like the fact that 2 bedrooms are on one side of the home and the 3rd bedroom on the other. Also that there are 3 bathrooms, one for each bedroom.

Would be interested in hearing from others who may have already built or have chosen the Aster model. Next big decision is the type of lot. We are leaning towards a "sneak peak" lot that can see the golf course but is not directly on the golf course. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:35 AM
Default JackZ

We are building the Lily in Buttonwood. The lot backs to a wall which gives us some privacy. We will have a sneak view of the golf course from the front of our home. There is something in all the homes I like. I just fell in love with the Lily. Good luck with your search.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post
We are leaning towards a "sneak peak" lot that can see the golf course but is not directly on the golf course. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
If this is the type of lot you want you better speak to your agent soon. The good sneak peaks go as soon as they are released. Your agent will need to be on the lookout and grab it for you. She/he will then call you, send a map and then ask you to lock it in.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:54 AM
Veteran member
Default Thanks Russ

Just experienced that scenario recently when our agent emailed about a new section opening up with a lot that we would want. He had a 4 hour hold on it but timing was not right. The earliest we can lock in will be this summer, so I will be prepared to answer the call and take your advice as well and lock it in. Appreciate your input.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

By July you might be able to get a shot of the new section ( Sanibell) the other side of 466A by Morse Blvd. Good luck with you hunt. Things are really starting to move down here.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Default Aster

If I recall, the Aster is a new model...perhaps 6 months or less. I would guess not many owners and as a result you did not get many comments. Personally I like it for the same reason you do....but I have yet to see one in person. I have not seen any open houses`with that model.
Also, don't worry about the lots...you'll have plenty of time to select the "right"one. And you are making the right choice, The Villages is a wonderful place to live.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:18 AM
Veteran member
Default Saw the Aster in Aug 2010 on our visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARBUCKSSAMMY View Post
If I recall, the Aster is a new model...perhaps 6 months or less. I would guess not many owners and as a result you did not get many comments. Personally I like it for the same reason you do....but I have yet to see one in person. I have not seen any open houses`with that model.
Also, don't worry about the lots...you'll have plenty of time to select the "right"one. And you are making the right choice, The Villages is a wonderful place to live.
Thanks for your comment. My wife and I did a walk through on the Aster model during our Lifestyle visit in August of 2010 and I noted recently that 2 of them are for sale as new construction on the Villages web, probably former model homes.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Sage

Looks like a nice model Jack. If you are set on that model make sure that your agent knows that as well since some lots may be suitable for another style. For example my lot wouldn't work with the Aster because my lot had a restriction for a 2.5 garage (something to do with being an expanded corner lot?). If you add the extra golf cart garage to the Aster it wouldn't fit on my lot the way they laid out the buildable 'rectangle' area of the lot (I'd have to show you my lot map).

Or it might be that you need a model with the lanai on the same side as the garage (for expansion reasons into a side pool like we are doing).

Many models have the 2 extra bedrooms on their own side with their own separation (albeit not two bathrooms).
Old 01-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Veteran member
Default Great Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Looks like a nice model Jack. If you are set on that model make sure that your agent knows that as well since some lots may be suitable for another style. For example my lot wouldn't work with the Aster because my lot had a restriction for a 2.5 garage (something to do with being an expanded corner lot?). If you add the extra golf cart garage to the Aster it wouldn't fit on my lot the way they laid out the buildable 'rectangle' area of the lot (I'd have to show you my lot map).

Or it might be that you need a model with the lanai on the same side as the garage (for expansion reasons into a side pool like we are doing).

Many models have the 2 extra bedrooms on their own side with their own separation (albeit not two bathrooms).
Thanks Russ. We have made it clear to our agent about our desire for this model also with an extension to the lanai and the second large bedroom so it will limit the lots we can buy but it does seem workable. Good luck with your pool, some might consider it a luxury based on all the pools located throughout the villages, but I am sure you will enjoy the convienence of having it.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:08 AM

They are building an Aster behind us (Buttonwood). I can send some pictures later as they are further on in the build if you like.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Veteran member
Default Thanks for the Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspal View Post
They are building an Aster behind us (Buttonwood). I can send some pictures later as they are further on in the build if you like.
Appreciate your offer for a photo as it builds out but we are already sold on the model so we won't need a photo. Hope you are enjoying TV.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Veteran member
Default Astor Model

I thought I wanted the split bedrooms also, but there is no direct outside light into the living area. I've decided I don't like it as well as I thought I would. Put in a Solar tube and Glass Front Door to Help. Think about it!!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Sage

Hi Jackz,
Welcome to TOTV! I think you are wise to stick to your time frame and not feel rushed to buy a lot and then have to build before you are ready/able.

TV is still growing; and it sounds like you did an excellent job of letting your agent know what to find for you. In the meantime, you have time to consider any other "wants" you might discover for your home site, such as ability to add a cart garage, as Russ said, or a birdcage, or the direction your lanai faces. For example, some people don't want west facing/ afternoon sun. Others prefer it or don't consider it that important. You also have time to think about any home upgrades you might want.

I checked the Aster floor plan. It does look very nice.

Congratulations on your decision to move to Lower Paradise. All best wishes!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I'm curious, how much does a "sneak peek" of a golf course cost?
Old 01-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Default Aster FP

Quote:
Originally Posted by llaran View Post
I thought I wanted the split bedrooms also, but there is no direct outside light into the living area. I've decided I don't like it as well as I thought I would. Put in a Solar tube and Glass Front Door to Help. Think about it!!
Not sure I understand your comment about direct outside light. I see sliders off the living room area, although there is a roof over the lanai.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.