Atick Vacuums - review please

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2022, 06:30 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnh View Post
i am thinking of buying a stick vacuum to replace a very heavy vacuum i am now using. If you have a stick i would appreciate hearing your views on them.
before you buy ensure that battery and roller brush are in stock and available. You cannot get a hoover roller brush anywhere. Amazon rep assured me they had a replacement that would fit. It didn't.
Old 10-25-2022, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
I am thinking of buying a stick vacuum to replace a very heavy vacuum I am now using. If you have a stick I would appreciate hearing your views on them.
My wife bought a Shark system several years ago and has "loved" it ever since. We have two dogs to help keep the place in need of cleaning. It actually does exceedingly well at that. She even let's me "drive" it on occasions. Not as much fun as my Harley, but I guess to each their own.
Old 10-25-2022, 07:17 AM

Quote:
I am thinking of buying a stick vacuum to replace a very heavy vacuum I am now using. If you have a stick I would appreciate hearing your views on them.
We use a Bissell Air Ram and love it. https://www.bissell.com/airram-cordl...cuum-1984.html

We’ve had it for 5 years and use it on tile and laminate floors and it does a great job. A charge lasts 45 minutes.
Old 10-25-2022, 07:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
You didn't ask, but have you considered a robot? We have one in each of our homes and absolutely love them. I personally would not recommend them for carpeted floors, but if you have hard floors, they are fantastic and save you hours of manual labor.
Old 10-25-2022, 08:07 AM
Default Stick vacuum

The Simplicity S655 cordless vacuum was recommended to us. We love it. Bought one for both houses and one for our son. Has a hand held option and runs about $250.00 on Amazon.
Old 10-25-2022, 08:18 AM

My first Dyson stick failed within 30 days. Had it replaced. The second works but the battery went crap after a few months. It will only run 3 or 4 minutes after charging. I would not touch another Dyson

I also have had an irobot i7+ for 18 months and am very satisfied
Old 10-25-2022, 08:34 AM

Get the LG from Costco - best in class! Have one in both my houses.
Old 10-25-2022, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Dyson is the best quality vacuum for the $$$. We have the upright for quick jobs and the regular Dyson vac for doing the entire house thoroughly. The problem with the upright is the battery charge. I met a sales guy at Costco once who was demonstrating the Dyson's. His Dad had a Shark and swore by it. They did some dirt testing at home and Dyson performed superiorly over the Shark. Their Customer Service is also excellent.
Old 10-25-2022, 09:09 AM

Quote:
We have a "whole house vacuum ". The hose retracts into the wall and the vacuum motor canister unit is in the garage. The amount of suction it produces is amazing. If you have pets, it's a must. We had it installed when we moved in. Had it in my last house too. Will never own a home without one again.
Old 10-25-2022, 09:49 AM
Default Stick vacuum

I have an older Dyson and my battery died—meaning it wouldn’t charge—after about 18 months or maybe it was two years. But anyway it was out of warranty. I purchased another battery and it holds a charge for about 15 minutes. A friend has a new Dyson and It works great! The battery lasts much longer, and it’s more expensive. I really love using it without the cords. I also don’t run into my toes as much. If you can afford one, go for it!

What I don’t like is emptying the dirt catcher. Cleaning it is even worse. I like my old vac that had disposable bags….
Old 10-25-2022, 12:28 PM

1. Check the ratings in Consumer Reports for unbiased advice. This applies to all appliances.

2. Buy one lighter in weight, yet has a high rating. Some of the sticks weigh over 11 pounds and you will really notice that weight.

3. Spend the money for an extra battery. It's very frustrating when the battery runs out in the middle of a job and you don't have a spare.

4. Look for a "factory reconditioned" model on eBay or Amazon and save a lot of money. Many of these are returned yet operate perfectly. They are repackaged and resold. Sometimes you will get a new battery. Amazon has great deals on these. If you don't like it, returns with Amazon are very easy.

5. We bought a Tineco and are satisfied both with its performance and ease of use.
Old 10-25-2022, 12:32 PM

[QUOTE=bark4me;2150817]We have a "whole house vacuum ". The hose retracts into the wall and the vacuum motor canister unit is in the garage. The amount of suction it produces is amazing. If you have pets, it's a must. We had it installed when we moved in. Had it in my last house too. Will never own a home without one again.[/QUOTE

Thank you for your suggestion, but I am already wrestling with a whole house vacuum and that is why I would like a stick. The whole house is rather like wrestling with a snake, not that I have ever done so, but it wears me out and it is too heavy to drag around.

I have had some greagt information from posters and I much appreciate everyone taking the time to help.
Old 10-25-2022, 02:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Would that be a stick-shift vacuum versus an automatic shift............sorry, truly sorry, I could NOT resist that one.
Old 10-25-2022, 04:04 PM
Default try MooSoo stick vac

I bought a MooSoo stick vac on Amazon abut 3 years ago and love it to death. Much cheaper than Dyson, Shark etc and customer ratings on Amazon rate it higher than many big , expensive name brands. Several of my family/friends have also bought MooSoo and also love it. Light weight, cordless, lights underneath so you can see things, fits under almost everything, swivels to fit everywhere, charge on low speed lasts about 25-30 min, on higher speed lasts 20 min. Does good job on edges and even picks up cat litter and surface cat hair. Detachable parts make it simple to convert to handheld to clean car and between crevices easily and gets into window, sider door runners easily when take off attachments and just use hose. Only negative is smaller dirt cup so have to empty during vacuuming if lots of pet hair, but only takes a minute to empty and shows me just how well it works as getting up so much pet hair! Several different MooSoo models with different suction power, but I think highest power now is 30 KPA such as this link shows.
Mine is only 18 KA and has plenty of suction, so 30 is even better! Read customer reviews!! You will probably still want to use an upright, full size vac now and then to do more deep cleaning, but this stick vac is super for every day and frequent use! Good Luck!!
Amazon.com
Deland, Fl.
Lake Deaton, TV
Old 10-26-2022, 06:27 AM

We have had a Dyson 7 Absolute for 6 years now. We love the 2 interchangeable heads. A year ago, we put a new battery for $30.00. Gets around our 2000 sq ft home just fine. Love it!
Closed Thread

Tags
stick, vacuum, atick, views, hearing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.