Atlas Dog Park altercation

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2019, 05:39 AM
Veteran member
Default Atlas Dog Park altercation

I live in plain view of Atlas Dog Park off Moyer Loop. Yesterday around 6PM there was another altercation requiring three Fruitland Park Police Cars and a grey car with flashing lights that I assume was the animal control person. It appeared that two people possibly were arrested or given a summons to appear due to a dog fight and disagreement. Two Great Danes had attacked another dog. Evidently the owners got physical in some manner or the police would not have been required. This is the second time in less than a year this has happened. I take my lab to that park often since I can walk there. Large numbers of people and dogs have been normal this winter and Spring. No one checks ID's so I don't know if some even live in TV. People drop ther dog and stand around talking with others when the sign at the gate says "watch your dog" "at the first sign of aggressiveness take you animal and leave"! Both altercations have happened in the "over 30 lb. dog area" My purpose is to let people know to watch your dog closely and if there is any aggressiveness leave. Both of the large altercations have occurred when people use the ball throwing sticks to try to break up a dog fight. Owners get upset when they think you are attempting to hit their dog.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, people, park, fight, leave

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.