Atomic Golf Cart- Lithium Batteries and Sun Visors

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2021, 08:39 AM
Default Atomic Golf Cart- Lithium Batteries and Sun Visors

Hello.
We bought an Atomic golf Cart about 5 months ago and love it….can’t beat the a/c and stereo on a hot day!

Have a question…we have been trying to get lithium batteries installed since we bought it. Ww have about a 50 mile range now…but would like the convenience of the lithium battery. Does anyone have lithium batteries installed and where did you get them?

Also…has anyone installed a sun visor? What kind did you get and who installed it?

Thanks so much
Old 09-16-2021, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

No idea on the batteries, but if you are after a DIY type window tint for the sunshade, I bought some film from Lowe's that I installed on our golf cart, works well at dusk.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:52 PM
Veteran member

Try calling The Battery Boys (352) 643-1241
Old 09-16-2021, 04:47 PM

Have you tried the Atomic Store? I am looking to upgrade our batteries when they wear down more. Would be interested in any information you find! Right now, I am good with the range. We get about 40 miles before I get nervous!
Old 09-17-2021, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliewaters View Post
Hello.
We bought an Atomic golf Cart about 5 months ago and love it….can’t beat the a/c and stereo on a hot day!

Have a question…we have been trying to get lithium batteries installed since we bought it. Ww have about a 50 mile range now…but would like the convenience of the lithium battery. Does anyone have lithium batteries installed and where did you get them?

Also…has anyone installed a sun visor? What kind did you get and who installed it?

Thanks so much
I'm not familiar with the Atomic golf cart but do have knowledge about batteries.
I am a bit surprised due to the fact that the Atomic golf cart which has conditioning as well as heat is running on lead acid batteries. Air conditioning uses a lot of power, as does heat. Using the lights and a stereo also cut down the range.

Assuming you can find lithium batteries that will fit in the provided battery compartment, it will be expensive and you may well need to buy or have built a proper charger.

I seem to recall something about a guy with a Tesler who keeps a generator in his trunk.
My wife is the one to worry about everything. Flats are common around the villages. Few people have a spare tire on their golf cart-I don't.
Old 09-17-2021, 10:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliewaters View Post
Hello.

Thanks so much

Ours came with Lithium. 12,000 miles and almost 3 years and our batteries haven't degraded 1 bit. I thought everything Atomic had now was lithium. Don't they do upgrades? They have (had) lithium upgrades for them. Problem is you have probably 500lbs of batteries in them and just swapping for lithium will kill the center of gravity due to weight change. Also the charging system has to change which is internal. You have to add the weight back as ballast. You need to talk to them. Highly doubt you can just do a 1:1 3rd party swap. What kind of sun visor are you referring to ? Ours has an auto-like sun visor plus we added the tinted stripe on top of the windshield and the roof glass has a moveable sunshade.

Edit: send me a PM if you want to discuss further. I have had 2 Atomics. First the coupe with the standard batteries then the next model with the Lithium.
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 09-17-2021 at 10:43 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
installed, lithium, batteries, atomic, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.