Attic Fan Information

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2013, 08:13 AM
Location: Euclid, Ohio--Anahein California--DeLand Florida--Virginia Trace
Question Attic Fan Information

After moving in my house in TV I noticed the extreme heat in my attic. I had put a 27 foot addition down the side of my house to extend the golf cart garage to 43 foot long. The contractor had to put a new roof (approx. 900 square feet) to match the roof to Villages standards. I insulated the entire garage ceiling including the new addition. Now when I pull down the aluminum drop ladder, It is almost too hot to touch. I am wondering if anyone has had this problem and if they have a cure for this. There are several companies around TV that sell solar fans and other fans but do they really work? I would like to hear from someone that has had success with a problem similar to mine. Thank you for any help you can give me.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:45 PM
Platinum member

I've have an electric fan installed in the peak of my gable roof and generally leave the pull down ladder to the attic open a few inches for circulation. I'm sure it might help a little but not enough for me to tell any difference. A thermometer I have up there generally still reads in excess of 120 degrees in the summer.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:06 AM
Sage

There has been some comment on a previous thread that the attic fans are also sucking air conditioned air from the house. Don't shoot the messenger.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.