Atwood Villas

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2018, 06:02 PM
Default Atwood Villas

Any updates on the Atwood Villas? Will they be used for the Life Style program?
Old 08-05-2018, 06:32 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,517 Times in 712 Posts

If I had to guess, no, they will not be used for the lifestyle preview. This villa unit, unlike Alden Bungalows that currently does the lifestyle previews, does not have a pool. Not sure were AV will go for their neighborhood pool, AB probably or Eisenhower, neither would be convenient for the lifestyle preview guests. Have to put their best foot forward for the sales presentation. I would expect them to sell very very quicly when they come on the market, they are the only CYVs north of SR44 and south of CR466 and are expected to have all the improvements of the villas being built in the Fenney/DeSoto/McClure area.

The villas are moving quickly, stay tuned for some drone video footage this week, if the 5 weeks since my last flight there have been major advances.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 08-05-2018, 08:27 PM

Excited to see your drone footage Goldwingnut!! Thank you for sharing.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:12 PM

Great to hear that you’re planning on posting some new footage. Always very well done, entertaining, and informative. Thank you.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:40 AM
Platinum member

I've been out of action for the last few weeks while my drone was being repaired. I was goofing off showing someone how the aircraft was able to stabilize itself and pushed it a little too far. The aircraft crashed, landed on its back, and damaged the camera gimble motors. You can see my stupidity on my YouTube Page. I was able to fly but couldn't control the camera so I had to get it repaired. Luckily, the damage wasn't too severe and cost less than $90 to repair. UPS is scheduled to deliver it on Wednesday and I'm planning my flights for Thursday morning assuming my test flights go well after it arrives, safety first.
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 08-06-2018, 07:34 AM

wingnut-- Very impressive that you are willing to show your 'worst' moments on YouTube! I try to erase all evidence of mine.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:49 AM
Sage

please don't beat yourself up----I use to teach shop and I would tell the kids you can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs because that's what my dad said to me. We broke a lot of stuff. He had a better track record for getting things fixed.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
please don't beat yourself up----I use to teach shop and I would tell the kids you can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs because that's what my dad said to me. We broke a lot of stuff. He had a better track record for getting things fixed.
There's a big difference between making a mistake and just being stupid, I fell into the latter on this one. What the video didn't show was the cuts on my arm when the props hit me, 8 nicely spaced deep cuts, the worst 3 of which took 3 weeks to heal. Each of the props are spinning at about 7000 RPM when hovering and very good at slicing and dicing.
www.goldwingnut.com
Old 08-06-2018, 02:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
I've been out of action for the last few weeks while my drone was being repaired. I was goofing off showing someone how the aircraft was able to stabilize itself and pushed it a little too far. The aircraft crashed, landed on its back, and damaged the camera gimble motors. You can see my stupidity on my YouTube Page. I was able to fly but couldn't control the camera so I had to get it repaired. Luckily, the damage wasn't too severe and cost less than $90 to repair. UPS is scheduled to deliver it on Wednesday and I'm planning my flights for Thursday morning assuming my test flights go well after it arrives, safety first.
So glad you will have it back, I am having drone video withdrawals! We have missed you. I did love your crash video on Youtube though. Very honest of you to post that one!
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 08-06-2018, 03:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
There's a big difference between making a mistake and just being stupid, I fell into the latter on this one. What the video didn't show was the cuts on my arm when the props hit me, 8 nicely spaced deep cuts, the worst 3 of which took 3 weeks to heal. Each of the props are spinning at about 7000 RPM when hovering and very good at slicing and dicing.
I watch your video and when your drone went over and got your arm, I really winced, because I can relate.
I got clipped across my knuckles by an electric RC plane prop that was spinning at high RPM’s.
Those props are sharp and cut deep very fast!
By the way, thanks for sharing your great videos!
Old 08-06-2018, 04:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
If I had to guess, no, they will not be used for the lifestyle preview. This villa unit, unlike Alden Bungalows that currently does the lifestyle previews, does not have a pool. Not sure were AV will go for their neighborhood pool, AB probably or Eisenhower, neither would be convenient for the lifestyle preview guests. Have to put their best foot forward for the sales presentation. I would expect them to sell very very quicly when they come on the market, they are the only CYVs north of SR44 and south of CR466 and are expected to have all the improvements of the villas being built in the Fenney/DeSoto/McClure area.

The villas are moving quickly, stay tuned for some drone video footage this week, if the 5 weeks since my last flight there have been major advances.
Alden is literally right next door. Why couldn’t lifestyles from Atwood use a pool that is a stones throw away?
Old 08-08-2018, 06:45 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
Alden is literally right next door. Why couldn’t lifestyles from Atwood use a pool that is a stones throw away?
Agree, but if you were going to use the property for sales purposes, would you really want to have to tell your guests to go to the neighborhood next door and use their pool? Doesn't make for a great sales pitch, it just doesn't feel right with these two sections of CYVs.

We'll all see what happens when they open the villas up for sale. Based on what I've seen of construction progress at Atwood, that very well could be next month.
www.goldwingnut.com
Closed Thread

Tags
atwood, villas, style, program, life

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.