Automatic gate openers available?

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2021, 05:18 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
I would like a transponder that would would open the gate automatically rather than have to use the card or push the button each time. (Especially during the rain). Does such a thing exist and how do you get one.

Thank you for any assistance or ideas you may offer.
Find a nerd who can determine the frequency/code and install a transmitter under your hood.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Actually the one at my father's place did (well, I assume still does) exactly that and more. It kept a log with name, time and date (obviously it didn't see who was in the car) of entry and exit and a photo taken that could be matched. The sticker was non-removable. I always joked with my (at the time 90+ yr old) father he better be careful if he slipped out at 12AM for nefarious reasons. The log was available to the registered owner of the vehicle and the police with a warrant. Oh, they had the window sticker (without the computer database) back in the late 1980's and the new system around 2016 IIRC. Here in 2021 we're still waving our arms out the windows. While not a big deal by any means I think TPTB could afford some "luxury convenience" upgrades for the homeowners here.
Only a bar code is easy to copy. Just walk up to anyone's car and use you phone to take a pic and use a printer to make your own sticker using that persons access, not secure at all.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNY61 View Post
Only a bar code is easy to copy. Just walk up to anyone's car and use you phone to take a pic and use a printer to make your own sticker using that persons access, not secure at all.
Not possible with most systems.
Stickers are embedded with holograms that are not possible to copy.
Try it you'll see.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNY61 View Post
OK, who said anything about a barcode? RFID has been in use forever as exemplified by here. Besides, a barcode would NOT be visible by the gate if under the hood and wouldn't function. And, taking the other side, so what if someone copied a barcode here? LOL, SECURITY !!! Here ?? The gates are meaningless for anything but traffic control and not intended for SECURITY so even a barcode would suffice just for the convenience and the pure unmitigated luxury and freedom and convenience. The whole joint could use 1 barcode. Think of the savings!!!
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 08-19-2021, 05:47 PM

Our cards were new in March, most of the time does NOT work thru the window.
Old 08-19-2021, 06:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
I would like a transponder that would would open the gate automatically rather than have to use the card or push the button each time. (Especially during the rain). Does such a thing exist and how do you get one.

Thank you for any assistance or ideas you may offer.
I'm no techno nerd. This has come up many times. I've read people saying their card works with the window closed-through the closed window. Either my card or my windows it does not work for me.

I laugh. The postal motto is something like rain, nor snow or?????? will stop the mail.
When, I was working i would regularly see mail delivery people hiding as I went about earning a living. Moral-I never learned to come in out of the rain nor snow snow nor gloom of night.
Old 08-20-2021, 08:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
LOL, SECURITY !!! Here ?? The gates are meaningless for anything but traffic control and not intended for SECURITY so even a barcode would suffice just for the convenience and the pure unmitigated luxury and freedom and convenience. The whole joint could use 1 barcode. Think of the savings!!!
So those cameras that are recording every car and license plate going in or out of an area at the gates are not considered a security measure to you ? I forgot about the mugshot of the driver when they hit the red button too.

Last edited by Bilyclub; 08-20-2021 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-20-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCristella View Post
triline services - 217-433-1394
auto gate service

Car and both golf carts done the day after I called him...$39 each and works like a charm. So nice to be able to keep the window up when it is so hot or raining.
Old 08-20-2021, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,667 Times in 1,504 Posts
Default Not for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
Actually, you can hold your gate card against your driver's window and the scanner will see it, gate will open. I do this when it's raining.
I have heard this many times, but it has never worked for me. If either of my gate cards isn't within about 3 or 4 inches of the sensor it won't work. Been that way since move in in 2013. Just my luck. At least I don't melt when it is raining.
Closed Thread

Tags
gate, automatic, thing, exist, assistance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.