Autos on Buena Vista Golf Cart Trail

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
cappyjon iron posts! Throughout the US State DOT's are installing break-a-way street lights etc to reduce fatal/serious injuries We have far too many residents here who because of thir health ought not to be operating anything including a mix master
While my post was mostly in jest (I know this never could/would happen), the large majority of these pipes are at the entrance to the cart paths and many of them say "STOP" on them. Carts or cars should (and I know should is the operative word here) be going slowly when they pass by these pipes. I don't know if cart paths can be compared to streets with break-away street lights, but obviously there are some drivers in TV who cannot tell the difference between streets and cart paths.

I'm not 100% certain (its been a while since I've been on the cart paths, someone correct me if I'm wrong), but I seem to remember some iron posts separating the golf course cart path from the multi-modal path (Buena Vista).

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages

Last edited by cappyjon431; 07-30-2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-30-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalibaba View Post
Sounds more like an idiot who shouldn't be allowed out of the house, especially to drive a car.
Well on one of our visits we ended up in the circle at LSL in the golf cart because we saw the sign that said no "cars" and we thought it said no "carts". It was our first venture out, unfortunately no one tried to help us get out, people just kept yelling at us and calling us idiots, we wondered where all the friendly people were. Fortunately we did get out and have meet a lot of friendly people.

We thought then that the posting should have said autos, not cars.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2cruise View Post
Well on one of our visits we ended up in the circle at LSL in the golf cart because we saw the sign that said no "cars" and we thought it said no "carts". It was our first venture out, unfortunately no one tried to help us get out, people just kept yelling at us and calling us idiots, we wondered where all the friendly people were. Fortunately we did get out and have meet a lot of friendly people.

We thought then that the posting should have said autos, not cars.

Speed limit in the roundabouts is 20mph, so no harm, no foul... It happens. You're not gonna die in a roundabout . . .
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.