Average age by village

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2019, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

This thread just keeps getting stranger and stranger.. lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 04-22-2019, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
This thread just keeps getting stranger and stranger.. lol
You know Ken. I know you to be in your fifties and at that time in my life I didn't know that age prejudice existed. Now I know about it and it is indeed strange and unwarranted.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

I personally think when a person lives here for a period of time they soon discover that age is relative and literally just a number.

Knowing the ages by village might be of interest to some. However the usefulness may approach that of fine tuning measuring a watermelon with a micrometer!!!

There are 60 year olds that look, live and act as though much, much older.....for varied and usually obvious reasons.

There are 80+ year olds that look, live and act more like 55+......for varied and usually obvious reasons.

Unless one lives here any attempting to categorize about one or another's age is nothing more than intellectualizing.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You won't find amenities changing, restaurant menu's changing or medical needs changing from village to village here in THE VILLAGES.
You are correct 'from village to village', but I have to disagree as you look at groups of villages. Look at how the types of amenities have changed from the north to the south. You see changes in the country club restaurants. Have they not changed or closed some of the CC restaurants in the northern areas. Demographics and lifestyle is changing.

THE VILLAGES are stated to be 32.1 sq miles and probably twice that with the new land acquisitions. The Villages will not remain a homogeneous community that it once was and the reason is not ageism, but economics.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
At least he did not call you Dudette?:
No, but I thought about it.

I do apologize for calling you 'Dude'.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:30 AM
TOTV Moderator

Many posts that were off topic and/or directed at member have been removed. The OP’s question has been addressed. This thread is now closed.

Closed Thread

Tags
villages, age, average, established, newer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.