Average age by village

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2019, 12:52 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
About the closest you could come to this type of data would be average voter age by CDD:

73.5 Lady Lake
73.9 CDD 1
74.2 CDD 2
73.7 CDD 3
73.0 CDD 4
72.5 CDD 5
72.1 CDD 6
71.1 CDD 7
70.3 CDD 8
69.3 CDD 9
67.7 CDD 10
66.8 CDD 11
66.0 CDD 12
Thanks Kansar. That kind of answers that. Very helpful.
Old 04-21-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
They go by, Old, Older and oldest !!!!!!
Good one
Old 04-21-2019, 12:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpd3062 View Post
Thanks Kansar. That kind of answers that. Very helpful.
So what happens now!
Old 04-21-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Why are you interested in the ages of the residents in The Villages? Do you track the ages of the folks in your current location ?
My reason for the interest is that I feel like it’s more likely that I would have more similar interests with those more in my generation than my parents generation. Things like music, growing up in the same decade say and watching the same silly tv shows. Therefore it’s one of the many things I will consider when thinking of pros and cons on where to live. I hope that doesn’t offend anyone, it’s not meant to. I’m not always politically correct like some. I enjoy persons of all types just thinking of things to consider. Thanks
Old 04-21-2019, 01:22 PM
Veteran member

You're welcome...we learn by asking questions!
Old 04-21-2019, 01:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
My reason for the interest is that I feel like it’s more likely that I would have more similar interests with those more in my generation than my parents generation. Things like music, growing up in the same decade say and watching the same silly tv shows. Therefore it’s one of the many things I will consider when thinking of pros and cons on where to live. I hope that doesn’t offend anyone, it’s not meant to. I’m not always politically correct like some. I enjoy persons of all types just thinking of things to consider. Thanks
Thanks. You surely did not offend anyone with your question however I think you may be missing something when you favor one group over another, my wife and I retired ar age 55 and 49 and our best friends who we just happened to meet on a dock in SC were age 80 and 75 and we had a ball doing everything we would do with other younger folks. We miss them today but have great memories of Harry and Doris. Age means nothing in places like The Villages or anywhere else for that matter.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:25 PM
Gold member

Quote:
You're welcome...we learn by asking questions!
I agree. That is why I asked my question.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
What would you do with that information if you were able to obtain it ?
Nothing. Why would you think I'd need to "do" anything with it? I'm a proponent of education for its own sake. I like learning new things. Having spent most of my adult life in sales, in one aspect or another, I have acquired a general interest in demographics. It's an interest, much like golf is an interest to some people, and Classic Greek Literature is an interest to others.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Thanks. You surely did not offend anyone with your question however I think you may be missing something when you favor one group over another, my wife and I retired ar age 55 and 49 and our best friends who we just happened to meet on a dock in SC were age 80 and 75 and we had a ball doing everything we would do with other younger folks. We miss them today but have great memories of Harry and Doris. Age means nothing in places like The Villages or anywhere else for that matter.
That’s a great point, thanks for that.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:56 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
I have always found that friends are where you make them and not necessarily where you meet them. And remember - what was once the 'historical side' could now be considered the 'legacy side' what with the younger heirs of the original owners having inherited their parent's properties. I would be more concerned about selecting a Village that was close to meeting my needs re amenities and access to things like medical and shopping and most of all - the traffic to be encountered getting to and from it!

Old 04-21-2019, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Actually, age has significance and meaning in places like The Villages, and everywhere else. The era in which we were raised contributes to our perception of life, and even our personal tastes.

An era when fine arts was valued in public education, and there were lessons and class courses dedicated to the study, and were required, folks are more likely to grow up with at least a basic understanding of them - even if they have no personal interest in them.

I've had customers who have never heard of Escher. Not a "fine" artist but still - there is a break in the knowledge base. I only vaguely know the name Notorious Big, and there are folks who would say I'm over the hill because I wouldn't be able to name a single thing he performed and wouldn't know it was him if I heard it.

A lot of folks in their 80's and 90's would consider Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Yes, ELP, Jethro Tull, to be "that horrible rock noise" (my concert pianist father included). But that was the music of my era so you're more likely to find a larger demographic of folks my age who consider this kind of music to be our link to our own memories.

Just like swing, big band, Sinatra, and even 50's music would be a lifeline to another era's memories.

Clothing styles - what is considered "classic" or "vintage" is reflected by the era in which someone grew up. If you doubt that, think back. What was considered a "classic" formal gown style for women in the 1990's? 1940's? What about in the 1890's? How about the 1830's? Or even the mid-1700's?

The era in which you grew up can shape your perception of current events as well. It shapes how you view the world.

Do you need to "do" anything about the knowledge of these things? Not at all. But it's interesting to know, nonetheless.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
About the closest you could come to this type of data would be average voter age by CDD:

73.5 Lady Lake
73.9 CDD 1
74.2 CDD 2
73.7 CDD 3
73.0 CDD 4
72.5 CDD 5
72.1 CDD 6
71.1 CDD 7
70.3 CDD 8
69.3 CDD 9
67.7 CDD 10
66.8 CDD 11
66.0 CDD 12
WOW! What is the source of this data? I'm wondering who can correlate my age with my CDD.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:43 PM
Platinum member

This is an interesting question which I don’t take offense with at all.

My personal opinion is that the differences in our age matter much less as we get older.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

On the historic side the average age is getting younger year by year. At this pace it is projected by 2022 we will no longer be an adult community.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Actually, age has significance and meaning in places like The Villages, and everywhere else. The era in which we were raised contributes to our perception of life, and even our personal tastes.

An era when fine arts was valued in public education, and there were lessons and class courses dedicated to the study, and were required, folks are more likely to grow up with at least a basic understanding of them - even if they have no personal interest in them.

I've had customers who have never heard of Escher. Not a "fine" artist but still - there is a break in the knowledge base. I only vaguely know the name Notorious Big, and there are folks who would say I'm over the hill because I wouldn't be able to name a single thing he performed and wouldn't know it was him if I heard it.

A lot of folks in their 80's and 90's would consider Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Yes, ELP, Jethro Tull, to be "that horrible rock noise" (my concert pianist father included). But that was the music of my era so you're more likely to find a larger demographic of folks my age who consider this kind of music to be our link to our own memories.

Just like swing, big band, Sinatra, and even 50's music would be a lifeline to another era's memories.

Clothing styles - what is considered "classic" or "vintage" is reflected by the era in which someone grew up. If you doubt that, think back. What was considered a "classic" formal gown style for women in the 1990's? 1940's? What about in the 1890's? How about the 1830's? Or even the mid-1700's?

The era in which you grew up can shape your perception of current events as well. It shapes how you view the world.

Do you need to "do" anything about the knowledge of these things? Not at all. But it's interesting to know, nonetheless.
Paralysis through analysis. A friend Is a friend is a friend. The two people I mentioned in my last post had totally different education levels, grew up in different areas and had different interests but we were great friends for over a decade. The difference in our ages only helped us to respect each other’s interests, not test them. One example may stand out. Harry bought his bike at a garage sale for $5.00 and his “sneaks” for .50 cents. We did not...... but we all immensely enjoyed our walks and rides through Bluffton, Beaufort and Hilton Head SC. He did not enjoy higher end restaurants so we found other places to eat after all it was not the food, it was the companionship.

Last edited by villagerjack; 04-21-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, age, average, established, newer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.