Average age by village

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2019, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Paralysis through analysis. A friend Is a friend is a friend. The two people I mentioned in my last post had totally different education levels, grew up in different areas and had different interests but we were great friends for over a decade. The difference in our ages only helped us to respect each other’s interests, not test them. One example may stand out. Harry bought his bike at a garage sale for $5.00 and his “sneaks” for .50 cents. We did not...... but we all immensely enjoyed our walks and rides through Bluffton, Beaufort and Hilton Head SC. He did not enjoy higher end restaurants so we found other places to eat after all it was not the food, it was the companionship.
I don't know what that has to do with this thread, at all. None of it has anything to do with era-based trends and interests.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:35 PM
Veteran member

This is from publicly available voter data from the Division of Elections.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Geez. Two people asked an innocent question/observation, and all of the sudden paranoia sets in. Lighten up, people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Old 04-21-2019, 08:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
About the closest you could come to this type of data would be average voter age by CDD:

73.5 Lady Lake
73.9 CDD 1
74.2 CDD 2
73.7 CDD 3
73.0 CDD 4
72.5 CDD 5
72.1 CDD 6
71.1 CDD 7
70.3 CDD 8
69.3 CDD 9
67.7 CDD 10
66.8 CDD 11
66.0 CDD 12
Very interesting and a brilliant idea...to think to look.

This definitely shows a steady decrease in age...based on age of CDD.

Good job!
Old 04-21-2019, 08:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I don't know what that has to do with this thread, at all. None of it has anything to do with era-based trends and interests.
Era- Based trends? Pretty fancy term there. The only trend I notice is that no matter what I write on this forum you take exception to but to answer your question you would have to read the entire thread.

Last edited by villagerjack; 04-21-2019 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Nothing. Why would you think I'd need to "do" anything with it? I'm a proponent of education for its own sake. I like learning new things. Having spent most of my adult life in sales, in one aspect or another, I have acquired a general interest in demographics. It's an interest, much like golf is an interest to some people, and Classic Greek Literature is an interest to others.
Some thirst for and seek knowledge and facts, others run away from them...as fast as they can.

Like you...I'm one of the former.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Very interesting and a brilliant idea...to think to look.

This definitely shows a steady decrease in age...based on age of CDD.

Good job!
Gee and I thought that the people purchasing homes 20 years ago would now be younger than the people purchasing homes today...must be the heat.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,743 Posts

The historic district is becoming the legacy district... my parents bought in Lady Lake across the bridge near Mr Schwartz and they have passed away. My brother inherited. My uncle bought in district one, he was one of the first, and he has passed away. His children inherited.

Last edited by Velvet; 04-21-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
The historic district is becoming the legacy district... my parents bought in Lady Lake across the bridge near Mr Schwartz and they have passed away. My brother inherited. My uncle bought in district one, he was one of the first, and he has passed away. His children inherited.
We're moving into that area and I'm still in my late 50's. Last time we were there we noticed a pretty wide variety of ages. Closest to our house is older, but down the street are a few around our age.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Gee and I thought that the people purchasing homes 20 years ago would now be younger than the people purchasing homes today...must be the heat.
I have no idea of the point you're trying to make...unless it's simply to take a personal shot at me.

The age of the 'voters' represents residents (which was a brilliant idea to research)...NOT a representation of those who are buying.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
WOW! What is the source of this data? I'm wondering who can correlate my age with my CDD.
Actually, the developer has all the data necessary to calculate the average ages in any unit (village, county, street, villa "hood", or any other unit you can devise). All that info is in a database in one of the best data base systems devised by man, the IBM AS400. Rolled out in the 70's, it is a number cruncher second to none. All of the Villages businesses have access to all this data. For example, the loan originator at Citizens Bank has all the notes taken by the person who set up your lifestyle visit, and the address of every home your agent took you to. This is all in addition to your personal info such as name, address, phone #'s , age et al including a picture. The ability is there, I just don't know how much crunching is actually done. I figure somebody is bound to get curious eventually.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We live in one of the smaller Villages. It has 54 homes and because it is geographically isolated from other Villages by a major road, two golf courses and a swamp, over the last eight years we have all learned a lot about each other.

Among those who live here in our village are fascinating people from this continent and the world and among them are people who have moved and shaken this earth before finding their home here. They range in actual age between mid fifties to late eighties, but most of them have hidden inside of them a young and spirited 29 year old.

They all are fascinating to listen to and live close to and some of them fit perfectly into easy friendships and others are among those who just wave and smile.

I believe that people do not change a lot in personality over the course of their lives. Some fit our idea of friends and some do not.

Lots of choices and opportunities to enjoy others here.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Not only that, but many of the manufactured homes are being replaced by new site built homes and the people buying, or building those tend to be on the younger side.

As to the Census Bureau I don't believe that they count The Villages in the census. The Villages lies in several different communities or counties. Some of it is in Lady Lake, some in Wildwood, some in Fruitland Park and possibly Leesburg. The rest lies in unincorporated areas of Sumter and Marion counties. If I'm not mistaken, these what are counted in the census. That may be why it's so difficult to determine exactly how many people live in The Villages.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:38 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aninjamom View Post
I believe the census will be sorting us by exactly the different criteria you list anyway. Personally, I don't care if y'all know that I am a heterosexual WASP in my 60's. You are assuming that they are sorting out the OLDER ONES? Maybe they are actually sorting out the YOUNGER ONES? Why, I wouldn't know.
The Census WILL NOT break out that information by Village. So your reply needs to be revisited. As to why a select few want the information, reading the entire thread may help you with that answer.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:45 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

OP, post #10 is probably as close as you will get to actual data regarding age and it’s by CDD rather than by Village. We found it to be true that generally you will find the younger retirees living in the newer Villages and we have moved four times in the last 13 years in The Villages. That said, you find chronological age is not necessarily the same as the “actual” age of people either - - If you get my drift. We found living close to what you want (or need) to do the most with your time is more important than what particular Village you live in.

Tags
villages, age, average, established, newer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.