Avoid: Sears Hometown Store, Summerfield

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2016, 09:22 AM
Default Avoid: Sears Hometown Store, Summerfield

Ordered a stove from them. They delivered the new one as promised & took my old one away. I noticed a chip in the stove top. Technician looked at it said they would order a new one. Store called the next day to schedule delivery for today. So far, so good.

Since I hadn't heard from delivery guys, I just called the store at 9 a.m. They called back just now. Said stove was "back-ordered until Nov. 9th." I, of course, asked how they could schedule delivery for today if it won't come in until the 9th. Employee hesitates, then says, "I wasn't notified."

I asked for the manager. "She's not here."

Asked if employee was at least sorry. "I can't control that," she says. Next time, I'll go to Home Depot!

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages

Last edited by paulat585; 10-29-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:08 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulat585 View Post
Ordered a stove from them. They delivered the new one as promised & took my old one away. I noticed a chip in the stove top. Technician looked at it said they would order a new one. Store called the next day to schedule delivery for today. So far, so good.

Since I hadn't heard from delivery guys, I just called the store at 9 a.m. They called back just now. Said stove was "back-ordered until Nov. 9th." I, of course, asked how they could schedule delivery for today if it won't come in until the 9th. Employee hesitates, then says, "I wasn't notified."

Asked if employee was at least sorry. "I can't control that," she says. Next time, I'll go to Home Depot!"
She actually said she would shop at Home Depot, next time? Then ask for a refund.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

It seems to me there are two options. Wait until November 9th and get the stove that you wanted in the first place. Or, ask for a refund and buy a stove somewhere else. Things don't always go as planned, once your displeasure subsides, you'll figure out what's best for you.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:35 PM

I just bought a new stove from the Sears Hometown Store a couple of weeks ago and they were very nice. No complaints. Friends recently got a new dishwasher there and recommended the place to me. I'd go back again. No guarantee that Home Depot would be perfect everytime either...
Old 10-29-2016, 04:44 PM

My complaint is not about the stove. It is that they did not inform me that the delivery was cancelled.

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Old 10-29-2016, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Home Depot brought the wrong color Washer & Dryer to us 2 weeks ago on friday. No call from the store, the independent delivery company tried to cover their tracks by not letting Home Depot know of their mistake. The deal in this case was to good to consider going anywhere else. I let Home Depot know about the situation after the correct delivery was completed. All of these companies are more or less the same. It's just a process. Trust nobody. Communication is poor all over.
They included 2 years free financing. They had the nerve to send the first bill before the wrong order showed up. This started the clock on the two year timeframe and had us paying the tab before we saw the meal. Worth the wait in the end but very disappointing just like your case.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulat585 View Post

Asked if employee was at least sorry. "I can't control that," she says. Next time, I'll go to Home Depot!
Insert from bbbbbb
We were in there awhile back, two sales persons were chatting, sort of really enjoying each other? We drifted around and around and then left. Wow, for Sears, things have changed! Home Depot? Bought a washer and dryer. Wow, delivery was a real mess and so many unknowns and broken promises for the date of delivery. Left Hand, Right Hand? Then the new washer leaked badly and the return ordeal would take days and unbelievable incompetence. Cancelled the order and then they did not want to cancel. Their delivery is terribly bad, at least for us. What is going on folks, seems every one is propped up looking at their computer screen and missing the big picture??
bbbbbb
Old 10-30-2016, 07:24 PM
Platinum member
Default mmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPEG44 View Post
I just bought a new stove from the Sears Hometown Store a couple of weeks ago and they were very nice. No complaints. Friends recently got a new dishwasher there and recommended the place to me. I'd go back again. No guarantee that Home Depot would be perfect everytime either...
What a coincidence with 3 post and such good service by Sears Hometown Store. Gave up on Sears 30 years ago when they put a lady, of asian persuasion in the San Francisco store and did not know what a wrench was in the tool department.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
It seems to me there are two options. Wait until November 9th and get the stove that you wanted in the first place. Or, ask for a refund and buy a stove somewhere else. Things don't always go as planned, once your displeasure subsides, you'll figure out what's best for you.
A very reasonable answer.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:32 PM
Default LOL re the wrench

Seems like service is bad all over. I ran into the same 2 sales ladies chatting and ignoring me when I went to Sears, too.

Closed Thread

Tags
asked, delivery, called, store, stove

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.