Be aware: Traffic Enforcement

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
Requiring an eye exam is a good idea IMHO.
Many of the states I have lived in require an eye exam for renewal of a drivers license if you were over a certain age. Does Florida?? Washington state doesn't anymore but I always thought it was a good idea. New Hampshire requires all people to renew in person so they can take the vision test licenses are for 4 years but at least it catches some of the folks. Hawaii also requires a vision test even for mail in renewals(you can have the form filled out by the eye doctor) and licenses for those over 71 are for 2 years instead of four.
Just got my Fl drivers license...they gave me an eye test
Old 03-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzangrilli View Post
How fast can we roll thru?
How about 75 MPH for Buena Vista and Morse as long as there are no cars around?
How long after the light turns red are we allowed to go thru?
How about 45 MPH for roundabouts if you are the only one in the circle?
Why not let small cars use the multi modal trails?
Exactly!!! I for one think folks bring their "bad driving habits" with them to us. The entitlement mentality---folks is this the behavior you'd have your grandchildren observe??

Heard a story the other day of a man (from an un-named state so I don't get "crucified" here) paralleled parked but not before ramming the cars both in front and behind and leaving his car afterwards. One of the "rammed" owners came and was about to put a note on the window when both a police-person and the "rammer" showed up. The "rammer" was irrate saying in his former city it was never followed up upon because it was such a "little thing". Need I say more about many (not all) attitudes we've observed since moving here??
Old 03-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Exactly!!! I for one think folks bring their "bad driving habits" with them to us. The entitlement mentality---folks is this the behavior you'd have your grandchildren observe??

Heard a story the other day of a man (from an un-named state so I don't get "crucified" here) paralleled parked but not before ramming the cars both in front and behind and leaving his car afterwards. One of the "rammed" owners came and was about to put a note on the window when both a police-person and the "rammer" showed up. The "rammer" was irrate saying in his former city it was never followed up upon because it was such a "little thing". Need I say more about many (not all) attitudes we've observed since moving here??
I would guess a very large city crammed with traffic and few parking places.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I would guess a very small city crammed with traffic and few parking places.
Boston...
Old 03-23-2013, 07:34 PM

One and all boast above "no crime"in the Villages so the police have to do something to earn their money and that's "catch the horrible drivers in TV". The next thing we will see on this site is something about the speeders on Buena Vista or drivers cutting off cyclists and carts. Which way do we want it?
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 03-24-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I'm sorry, but sometimes this coming to a complete stop at a stop sign is a bit over done. You're driving on a road with a 30 mph speed limit. You approach an intersection and are going about 2mph and you can see that there are no cars for a mile in any direction. In fact you see no cars whatsoever. You really need to come to a complete stop? Ridiculous.
In fact many states have changed their laws to allowing "rolling stops". That is in no way driving unsafely.
Why don't we start talking about something important that actually does affect the safety of others. How about mandatory testing for drivers over 65? How many elderly drivers are out there that can't see or have poor reaction time?
I used your statement in a conversation and after being challenged, I could not find any state which allowed a rolling stop. Could you possibly give the names of just a few of the "many"? Would appreciate the help; I always like to back up the things I say.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:21 AM
Veteran member

I endorse 100% traffic enforcement for ALL. Nobody is exempt and you cannot pick and choose which laws to obey. Black and white - guilty or not guilty.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
I've often wondered why radio stations decide to make such "advertisements"? Do the police officially tell them to put the word out, or is the radio station just passing along info that a listener out driving has observed & reported?

IMHO if you're not obeying the laws you deserve to get a ticket, and hopefully paying a stiff fine will convince you to change your driving habits & become a law-abiding driver. Telling bad drivers when & where they specifically need to be sure & obey the law serves no good purpose.
Having spent nearly 40 years in radio I can tell you that very often police agencies will send out press releases indicating where they will be doing some aggressive ticketing. It's not at all unusual.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.