Back therapy

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2021, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts
Default Back therapy

My wife has a weakness in her upper leg after back surgery and we need to find her a good therapist.

Cora was recommended to us by her doctor but claims they are understaffed and often double book with therapist. She did go there for something else last year and last session therapist was dealing with 4 patients at one time.

Can anyone recommend another therapist anywhere between 466 and 466A
Thanks Stu
Old 02-26-2021, 04:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,659 Times in 962 Posts

I can't make any recommendations because I haven't been to any PT here, but I have been to PT for 4 separate issues up north in NY State. Twice for back/sciatica issues, once for a shoulder issue, and once for a ruptured achilles heel.

To put your mind at ease, every PT office I ever went to had several PTs working and each PT had several patients at the same time. A lot of PT is spent with the patient doing exercises on their own while being monitored by a therapist. The therapist may be watching the patient perform the exercises while doing "hands on" treatment with another patient.

Except for the initial appointments when I was being examined and evaluated, there was no privacy. I was walking around doing the same exercises, using the same equipment as many others, depending upon our particular issues. At every appointment at some point I would be the one on the table being stretched, massaged, pushed, pulled etc. I would at that time have about 95% of the therapists attention, as he/she would also be looking around the room at her other charges, watching them do their rehab exercises.

When I first started with my first go around in PT, I was taken aback by the lack of privacy, but I got used to it, and got to know most of my fellow PT'ers, and it took on the atmosphere of a gym/health club, albeit patronized by a bunch of people somewhat broken. Watching other people working hard to make progress, many of them more messed up than I, was in its way, inspiring.

So what someone describes as being "double booked" may just be the SOP for PT. When you see what Medicare pays these facilities for an appointment, you'll understand that they couldn't pay the bills taking care of one person an hour, per PT appointment.

I hope your wife does well. Every time I had to go to PT I was impressed with how much they helped me. Very much impressed. I am golfing and playing pickle, and I don't think I'd be doing that without the help I have received from my PT experiences.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:15 AM
Sage

I have been to Lake Rehab a couple times, tried Cora once, and Physio Med once. Cora was so busy and crowded that I never went back after the initial visit.

Of the three I liked Physio Med the best. They assigned me one therapist who worked with me exclusively for several weeks. They are located on 466 near Rolling Acres in a nice, spacious facility.

Just my opinion, but I think the extent of the injury or weakness determines the individual attention given to a patient. When I first went to Physio Med I obviously needed a lot of help and they provided it.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Dr. Tezia Gonzales - The Villages FL, Physical Therapy

Someone we trust for you to consider.
Closed Thread

Tags
therapist, back, dealing, year, session

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.