BAD accident at 466 and Morse this morning

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 01:08 PM
Sage

Default BAD accident at 466 and Morse this morning

Traffic may have cleared by now but there was a really bad accident at Morse and 466 mid-morning, today. A fatality in fact, according to "the other news source". The back up was horrendous...which could be another accident waiting to happen due to people doing stupid things.

Old 12-26-2017, 01:53 PM
Sage

Not sure of the circumstances but that intersection need to be changed to a left turn on arrow only.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2017, 02:05 PM
Sage

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Not sure of the circumstances but that intersection need to be changed to a left turn on arrow only.

Lots of accidents at that intersection. And it is right in front of the Sumter County Sheriff's Office.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:21 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post

Old 12-26-2017, 04:51 PM
Sage

I have to agree with changing ALL of the arrows in TV to go to RED once the opposing traffic has a green.

We went through this intersection twice, once shortly after it happened, once about 3 hours later. I am GUESSING but from the marks on the highway, I think the vehicles involved were on Morse, one going North and one going South, and one turned left in front of the other. I am sure there will be some additional news soon. So sorry there was a fatality involved.
Old 12-26-2017, 05:02 PM
Veteran member

We got caught in the traffic this morning going up Morse thru 466. 2 SUVs - both with all their airbags out. Both damaged/probably totaled, but I am surprised it appears to be a fatality/ Perhaps no seat belts used? Appeared by the damage that it could have been one vehicle turning and the other crashed into it. Yes the traffic was extremely backed up - northbound Morse had to turn right onto 466 and 466 eastbound had to turn south onto Morse - just picture that mess. But.... our day wasn't as tough as the occupants of the vehicles...
Old 12-26-2017, 05:51 PM
Platinum member

I was southbound on Morse and could not continue but had to turn right on 466. So sorry for those involved.

Tags
accident, bad, morse, horrendous, news