Bad behavior : (

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2015, 10:32 AM
Location: Mohnton PA, Raystown Lake PA, and NOW the village of Charlotte
Default Bad behavior : (

Yesterday afternoon went to Colony plaza Publix via golf cart, while driving up a lane to park there was a man who had just loaded his groceries into his vehicle and parked his shopping cart in the middle of an empty parking space next to his vehicle, when a gentleman came up in his vehicle saw the empty spot and began to pull in, saw the cart, beeped his horn and asked the man very nicely if he was going to move his shopping cart ~ the man said NO and proceeded to get in his vehicle started it and waited for the other gentleman to put his car in park and get out of his vehicle to move the shopping cart and put it in it's proper space so he could park there.........really upsetting that people can be so rude and thoughtless, the very least he could have done was to put his cart in the front of the space or something, but to simply say NO and dismiss the other gentleman so rudely is just unbelievable to me.......sorry I just had to vent
Old 01-08-2015, 10:40 AM
Sage

Yeah...you'll see "some" of that bad behaviour here (for who knows why) but truly I think the majority of folks aren't this way. Unfortunately it's a few "bad apples" that bring a bad reputation to our lovely community.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:45 AM
Platinum member

It appears to me that lots of people here have the mentality that "I am retired and I don't have to do anything I don't want to, which includes returning shopping carts to the cart stalls and stopping for stop signs. And if you don't like it, you can just kiss my @$$. Also, I can save as many seats at the square as early in the day as I want to."

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 01-08-2015, 10:50 AM
Platinum member

I find it annoying to find carts mere steps from a cart return area. we are retired and have plenty of time to take carts back....plus most could use the added steps as exercise.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:56 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

The incoming man could have moved the cart - to right behind car of the guy who wanted to back up and leave.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 01-08-2015, 11:13 AM

I saw something similar but ran up and said with a smile that I would move it for him.

Remember the bad kids when you were young...not everyone grows up.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

The 98% of us just enjoy what we have and live much happier lives.

Some very few think old age is an excuse for not complying with rules or being considerate....and a license for being mean and nasty.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:31 AM
Veteran member

This happens in PA a lot. If the person leaving the cart was still in the area, our 3 children would very nicely say, I'll put that cart away for you, and then do so. If nobody was around, they simply would grab a cart and take it into the store with them.

Our 9 year old grandson is following in his father's footsteps. He truly thinks he is helping and shows no attitude (yet). It tends to embarrass the person and our grandson is showing no disrespect.

Our attitude is a bit different. Yes, the person is rude, it isn't going to ruin my day, and I will simply grab the cart to put it away, or use it. Bad behavior is not isolated to The Villages.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:36 PM
Sage

I always put my cart away in the designated spot. You see, I remember the "good old days" when supermarket carts were always beat up and had sticky wheels or wheels that didn't turn at all. So i do what I can to keep the nice new carts in good shape.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 01-08-2015, 12:56 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
It appears to me that lots of people here have the mentality that "I am retired and I don't have to do anything I don't want to, which includes returning shopping carts to the cart stalls and stopping for stop signs. And if you don't like it, you can just kiss my @$$. Also, I can save as many seats at the square as early in the day as I want to."
My guess is he's been like this all his life.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Yeah...you'll see "some" of that bad behaviour here (for who knows why) but truly I think the majority of folks aren't this way. Unfortunately it's a few "bad apples" that bring a bad reputation to our lovely community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
Here? We all have seen this in places other than here!
Old 01-08-2015, 01:31 PM

I would have parked behind the person, moved the cart so it was directly behind his vehicle and then drove into the parking spot. Now he has to get out and move it before he can leave. Easy solution.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:41 PM
Veteran member

I think the solution would be for ALL stores to have the carts like they do at Aldi's You have to pay a quarter to get one and upon return you get your quarter back! Rarely do you see one in the parking lot.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Several years ago I had a too lazy person push their grocery cart right up against the passenger side of my NEW SUV and I didn't see it as I turned to the right out of the parking space - result was scratches all down the right side of my NEW SUV.

Ever since then, I've gone out of my way to check the right side of my vehicles, put my carts up and push any loose carts into the store or the cart parking spot.

Was I lazy before that moment, yep. After that, nope. Now, I park the farthest away from the door as I can so I don't worry about door dings and cart dings.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:49 PM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap2415 View Post
I saw something similar but ran up and said with a smile that I would move it for him.

Remember the bad kids when you were young...not everyone grows up.
Good for you. A real Villager. Nice going!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.