Bad behavior : (

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2015, 03:56 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrbr1120 View Post
I would have parked behind the person, moved the cart so it was directly behind his vehicle and then drove into the parking spot. Now he has to get out and move it before he can leave. Easy solution.
Ah, but have you read on TOTV just how many of he posters "pack heat" with them everywhere they go?

A couple of Christmasses ago at Lake Sumter Landing, a Villager was arrested in an arguement over a parking spot when he pulled out his pistol and pointed it at the other guy. Yep, over a parking spot.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:00 PM

That msg from OP reminds me of an incident last April at Colony parking lot. Guess that guy may be married to the rude lady who rapped with her knuckles on my drivers side window & shouted at me: "Are you going to move your car anytime soon?" I was in a good parking spot & had finished shopping...but I was on the phone with my son who was in Europe. He is in the military & preparing to bring his family here for a visit. 'Hello' it was MY parking spot for that time & I wasn't ready to leave it. In addition I was waiting for a neighbor whom I had taken shopping. The rude lady had left her large SUV in the middle of the aisle behind me & three cars were blocked behind her. Whew...some people!
Old 01-08-2015, 04:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
My guess is he's been like this all his life.
Now we know where Eddie Haskell ended up.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
It appears to me that lots of people here have the mentality that "I am retired and I don't have to do anything I don't want to, which includes returning shopping carts to the cart stalls and stopping for stop signs. And if you don't like it, you can just kiss my @$$. Also, I can save as many seats at the square as early in the day as I want to."
Nope...Saving seats is prohibited ...There are many here that will take your rope or ties or whatever you use to save seats for hours...and will throw it aside and your saved seats will be gone....
Old 01-08-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
The incoming man could have moved the cart - to right behind car of the guy who wanted to back up and leave.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:23 PM

Here is one for you. Today while at lunch in the cafeteria where I work which is a clinic located in a VA Hospital I was seated at my table taking sip of my coffee and the next thing I know I am on the ground. A man driving his scooter a little too fast hit me and knocked me out of my chair. This man had total disregard for what he did and did not even stop to see if I was ok. Fortunately I am fine aside from a small bruise on my hip. Just hope this man is still not driving a car because he could cause some serious injuries to himself and others if he drives a car like he drives his scooter!!!
Old 01-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
The incoming man could have moved the cart - to right behind car of the guy who wanted to back up and leave.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Veteran member

I said this before just moving to the villages does not make an AH any better they have been that way all their life.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles42 View Post
I said this before just moving to the villages does not make an AH any better they have been that way all their life.
I'll second that...
Old 01-09-2015, 02:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR1234 View Post
I think the solution would be for ALL stores to have the carts like they do at Aldi's You have to pay a quarter to get one and upon return you get your quarter back! Rarely do you see one in the parking lot.
I agree. That's just one of the many reasons I like Aldi's. When I shop anywhere else I always pay attention to how an unattended cart may roll. This means I usually means I park further out and walk further then I do returning the cart at Aldi's.

I'm also surprised it hasn't cought on elsewhere.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:49 PM
Gold member

Too bad you didn't take picture of license plate!!
Old 01-09-2015, 05:10 PM
Veteran member

Are these lazy @#%$'s so stupid as to not know this raises the cost of their future purchases? Someone has to be compensate for rectifying their laziness and that would be store employees, and just who pays these employees? That would be you, me and Mr. & Mrs. lazy @#%$

You can't fix stupid -or- lazy....
Old 01-09-2015, 05:48 PM

It's not just in the Villages, it's everywhere. I live in Ohio and frequent the Villages during winter climate in Ohio, and can't blame the people in the Villages when it happens in Ohio all the time. It's people. People are people - some rude - some nice. What are you going to do except when the rudeness exists, just go with the flow. Life is too short to be upset about people being rude and considerate.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrbr1120 View Post
I would have parked behind the person, moved the cart so it was directly behind his vehicle and then drove into the parking spot. Now he has to get out and move it before he can leave.
It was thoughtless and rude behavior for sure, but why escalate the situation? Life is too short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap2415 View Post
I saw something similar but ran up and said with a smile that I would move it for him.
Good for you.
When I shop at Publix, if I see someone unloading a cart full of groceries, I offer to walk the empty cart into the store.
It's amazing how grateful people are for small courtesies.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
My guess is he's been like this all his life.
I agree Bonny. I seen this at all ages and I personally do not think you change that much through the years. I like happy a lot more than being mean.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.