Bad behavior - our own

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2015, 08:19 AM
Veteran member
Default Bad behavior - our own

Man, everyone who posts here is such a paragon. Never rude or inconsiderate of others. We drive well, don't save chairs, leave dog poo behind, or break any Villages rules. Always great tippers, too!

Let me therefore be the first to confess my transgressions. We rarely use the neighborhood pool, don't golf, go to the squares or own a dog. However:

1. I do sometimes tailgate another car through a gate. No reason except it amuses me.

2. We put a sticker on our mailbox.

3. I've been known to put out my garbage bags early on Sunday while I'm thinking about it so I don't forget later.

Last edited by Halibut; 01-10-2015 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:28 AM
Sage

It has been said when we point fingers, there are 4 pointing back at us! Not one of us are without faults, but it doesn't excuse bad behaviours.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
Man, everyone who posts here is such a paragon. Never rude or inconsiderate of others. You drive well, don't save chairs, leave dog poo behind, or break any Villages rules. Always great tippers, too!

Let me therefore be the first to confess my transgressions. We rarely use the neighborhood pool, don't golf, go to the squares or own a dog. However:

1. I do sometimes tailgate another car through a gate. No reason except it amuses me.

2. We put a sticker on our mailbox.

3. I've been known to put out my garbage bags early on Sunday while I'm thinking about it so I don't forget later.

But................do you pick your nose at stop signs? That is the deal breaker for me.

I like you Halibut.....just the way you are ....ala Mr. Rogers.

If we are going to publicly admit our faults...........I'm leavin'. There would have to be another twenty thousand posts for me just on that subject.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:36 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=graciegirl;993179]But................do you pick your nose at stop signs? That is the deal breaker for me.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode. It was a rub not a pick!
Old 01-10-2015, 08:56 AM

Ah, Halibut, calling us to confess. . .

Well, there was this one time when somebody in a hulking car was laying on his horn behind me at a stop sign. I assumed he wanted me to pull out in front of a cart I could see coming along rather quickly in the golf cart lane.

The Big Beeper could not see what I could see. But I chose not to succumb to his pressure to have a terrible wreck or to scare the you-know-what out of the approaching golf cart driver.

So I gave the Big Beeper a little gesture with my right hand. It was a gesture that indicated a shrug -- you know -- like I was saying, "I cannot pull out yet."

AND THEN the Big Beeper immediately beeped AGAIN!

I confess: At beep number two, the gesture I made was unmistakable as to its meaning.

I will give myself a little credit though because the gesturing I did was with my right hand. I did make it as obvious as I could -- with my right hand from inside the car. But I think he could see it as he was hulking back there, practically in my back seat.

But I have to feel a little better about my bad behavior because, at least, I did not roll down my window and make that gesture loud and clear, with my left hand, over top the car roof, and a few times in quick succession, just to be perfectly clear. Ohhhhhh, how I wanted to though.

Thank you Halibut. I feel much better now.

Usually-A-Lady Laurie.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie2 View Post
Ah, Halibut, calling us to confess. . .

Well, there was this one time when somebody in a hulking car was laying on his horn behind me at a stop sign. I assumed he wanted me to pull out in front of a cart I could see coming along rather quickly in the golf cart lane.

The Big Beeper could not see what I could see. But I chose not to succumb to his pressure to have a terrible wreck or to scare the you-know-what out of the approaching golf cart driver.

So I gave the Big Beeper a little gesture with my right hand. It was a gesture that indicated a shrug -- you know -- like I was saying, "I cannot pull out yet."

AND THEN the Big Beeper immediately beeped AGAIN!

I confess: At beep number two, the gesture I made was unmistakable as to its meaning.

I will give myself a little credit though because the gesturing I did was with my right hand. I did make it as obvious as I could -- with my right hand from inside the car. But I think he could see it as he was hulking back there, practically in my back seat.

But I have to feel a little better about my bad behavior because, at least, I did not roll down my window and make that gesture loud and clear, with my left hand, over top the car roof, and a few times in quick succession, just to be perfectly clear. Ohhhhhh, how I wanted to though.

Thank you Halibut. I feel much better now.

Usually-A-Lady Laurie.

You are forgiven, my child....and the next time do it five more times and tell him Groucho sent you.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:14 AM
Gold member

I once tore a tag off a pillow.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
That's nothing. I tear the tags off furniture and mattresses. I especially go after the ones that say it is illegal to do so...but please don't tell anyone.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:25 AM
Platinum member

I pass gas in public .

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 01-10-2015, 09:32 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
I pass gas in public .
Stealth or Overt?
Old 01-10-2015, 10:05 AM
Eternal Member

When I use a restroom, if they have the roll of toilet paper on the wrong way, I put it the right way !!! SHHHHHhhhh.....
Old 01-10-2015, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default OMG Village Chick

Go straight to your room!!!! You are bad to the bone!

I'm, on the other hand, perfect!...Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
Old 01-10-2015, 10:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
That's nothing. I tear the tags off furniture and mattresses. I especially go after the ones that say it is illegal to do so...but please don't tell anyone.
When I visit someone, if they're not looking, I rip off their tags too.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
When I use a restroom, if they have the roll of toilet paper on the wrong way, I put it the right way !!! SHHHHHhhhh.....
There's a wrong way?
Old 01-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Sage

If nobody is looking, I like to put a penny heads up on a lobby floor just to see who will pick it up for luck.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.