Old 01-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Sage

I rearrange mailbox stickers.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:55 PM
Sage

I eat main entrees with a salad fork.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:59 PM
Sage

I'll wear one brown sock and one black sock on monday and one black sock and one brown sock on tuesday because I have two pair like that.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechie View Post
I suck the chocolate of the peanuts and then store them in the peanut jar to be used later when we are entertaining friends.

I sure hope you can see my tongue-in-cheek.

Hi Beechie,

I have another wonderful entertaining tip you might like. I cannot take credit for it though.

I read this in a book by Amy Sedaris, titled "I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence."

Amy says when unexpected guests arrive and you have nothing on hand to serve them, just chew up crackers and spit them on other crackers.

You're welcome.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:24 PM
Sage

i yell too much.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Amy says when unexpected guests arrive and you have nothing on hand to serve them, just chew up crackers and spit them on other crackers.

You're welcome.
Ah, I needed a good gagging today. I think it was David Letterman who had a joke years ago about scraping dropped toothpaste out of the sink to use as dinner mints.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:04 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles42 View Post
Must be a thread for justification of ones bad behavior. I too have some bad habits however there is no justification for them and doesn't make them right
Well there is no sense in being a bad behaviorist unless you can act like one and there is no sense in acting like one unless you believe there is justification

Again, I absolutely am void of any bad behaviors
Old 01-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

This is really upsetting my strong stomach.

I really like dirty jokes better.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:34 PM
Veteran member

Okay, okay. I was walking behind Eisenhower and saw about 150 cigarette butts, all of the same brand (Marlboro lights), on the ground. It took me a while to figure it out, but it appears someone who is there on a regular basis is smoking just outside the back door in a little walled off patio area then flicking the cigarette butts over the wall into the bushes. Apparently they've been doing this for awhile.

Anyway, I took one of my dog poop bags and picked up all the cigarette butts and put them in the bag. Then I tied a knot in the bag and threw it back over the wall.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 01-10-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie2 View Post
Hi Beechie,

I have another wonderful entertaining tip you might like. I cannot take credit for it though.

I read this in a book by Amy Sedaris, titled "I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence."

You're welcome.
You mean sort of like a "spatay pate"?
Old 01-10-2015, 04:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The right way wrong way of storing the toilet roll is an ubiquitous argument. Since my New Year resolution is not to argue I will forgo explaining to all of you which is proper. The reference to intentionally dropping a penny to see who goes for it reminded me of an old navy guy who carried a habit with him to civilian life. He was the office manager and would leave a $0.50 piece behind several doors. If they were gone then the janitor likely cleaned behind the door. If they remained behind the door too long then the janitor got cleaned.

I have absolutely no bad behaviors

I'm fastidious about cleanliness in the hospitals I used to run. If I found a cigarette butt someplace I would date it with a pen and then monitor how long it took to disappear, especially in stairwells. After 3 days, if it had not disappeared, the environmental services director and I made rounds - it was not a happy event. Sometime maybe I'll share my testing secrets for other areas and patient rooms.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:00 PM

Here's one for you. I love to do this at a party attended by friends but hosted by a couple we've just met. I usually ask where the washroom is and when I'm ready to come back out I open the door and yell out "can I get a plunger in here". I find it best to get to know the newbies as soon as possible.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:54 PM
Gold member

On New Year's Day we had grown kids and grandkids in town.

Our 2 daughters and I decided to start the year off with a long walk. We headed east on Pinellas up to Buena Vista, up to 466A, East on 466A to Morse, turned south and headed back to Pinellas.

Now we didn't map this "little walk" and by the time we got to Bradenton Rec center I was about to die. We had covered 5 miles!!

I saw my golf cart at Bradenton and knew the guys and grandkids were in the pool. As we approached the parking lot our 35 yr old son got in my golf cart to go home for something they forgot. We waved him over and I asked if he'd give me a ride. He laughed and told me we were so close to finishing our walk I should just walk on home. (parent/ child reversal!)

As he pulled out of Bradenton I vigorously, aggressively, gave him a frantic, waving 1 finger salute!! To my horror the golf cart passing by was not him....but some nice little couple with a look of horror on their faces.

I thought I would die!! The girls and our son, who was following that cart out of the lot, had the laugh of their lives. I will never live that down!

But if it was you, please know that I do not shoot the bird at random strangers.

There, it is off my chest. I feel so much better!!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechie View Post
I suck the chocolate of the peanuts and then store them in the peanut jar to be used later when we are entertaining friends.

Here's one for you. I love to do this at a party attended by friends but hosted by a couple we've just met. I usually ask where the washroom is and when I'm ready to come back out I open the door and yell out "can I get a plunger in here". I find it best to get to know the newbies as soon as possible.
I love this thread. Especially Beechie's posts.

P.S. I often order food from restaurants and put it in my own serving dishes.
If people say it's yummy, I say I made it myself.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.