Bad neighbors are a minority

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Not in my neighborhood! Have zero bad neighbors.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

So really what we're seeing here is the same old thing: The few ruin it for everyone else.

By "the few" I mean two types:
1. The people who know that what they want to do will be received -widely- by the many as "tacky" and push it to the limits, as long as their deed doesn't expressly prohibit it. This gives the "opposition" the justification, however lame, to judge these types of people as trash, low-rent, tacky, and living in a neighborhood they, in their all high and mighty superiority, would not deign to sully their pristine selves with.

2. The high and mighty elitist snobs who will go out of their way to seek out and complain about things that really have nothing to do with them at all, just because they know they can, and the powers that be will actually do something about it. These are the ones who get a kick out of putting other people down and making other peoples' lives miserable, because they are probably miserable as well and misery loves company.

Everyone else falls somewhere inbetween, and they're the ones who get punished by either end of the spectrum.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I didn't know the developers allow you to bring pets to a Lifestyle visit.
It was OK several years ago in the Alden Bungalows. I asked the people from The Villages before we rented.

This thread is not sitting right with me I thinks that something or somebody is askew! Never happened. Got proof?
Old 02-05-2019, 06:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
So really what we're seeing here is the same old thing: The few ruin it for everyone else.

By "the few" I mean two types:
1. The people who know that what they want to do will be received -widely- by the many as "tacky" and push it to the limits, as long as their deed doesn't expressly prohibit it. This gives the "opposition" the justification, however lame, to judge these types of people as trash, low-rent, tacky, and living in a neighborhood they, in their all high and mighty superiority, would not deign to sully their pristine selves with.

2. The high and mighty elitist snobs who will go out of their way to seek out and complain about things that really have nothing to do with them at all, just because they know they can, and the powers that be will actually do something about it. These are the ones who get a kick out of putting other people down and making other peoples' lives miserable, because they are probably miserable as well and misery loves company.

Everyone else falls somewhere inbetween, and they're the ones who get punished by either end of the spectrum.
This simply does not sound like the place that we call home. The behaviors or rather attitudes you describe are aberrant and, in my opinion, very very few and far between, if at all.

The dog poop can be explained in many other ways -- not just the neighbors. Perhaps someone walking by -- a teenager visiting the grandparents who, after walking the dog didn't want to carry the bag home. I don't know and of course I am clutching at straws to explain this behavior but I would not want this incident to paint the rest of us with a broad stroke.

I think of myself as a pretty laid back person who has learned to tolerate much (many years living in a multi-family apartment building with neighbors above, below, left and right) -- but put out a couple of ceramic or plastic Pink Flamingos and you've pressed one of my buttons. (No discrimination against Pink Flamingoes intended -- but just not on my block.)

I hope you will be able to spend a bit of time here and get to know the real people. I bet you would find a plethora of sane, normal, respectful, polite and well, just plain nice people who want the same things as everyone else. You said "misery loves company", I agree, but so does happiness!

Last edited by BK001; 02-05-2019 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:55 PM
fw102807

TOTV is like a soap opera and in no way reflects what it's like to live here unless you actually live near one of the negative posters. All the people I've met mind their own business and get along fine.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

We have a phantom poo bag dropper in our area.
They leave it at the end of whatever drive the dog poops at.
Suppose we should be greatfull they pick up and bag the stuff!
Old 02-05-2019, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I didn't know the developers allow you to bring pets to a Lifestyle visit.
They allowed us to bring our two in August 2014.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Not in my neighborhood! Have zero bad neighbors.
We had one in our loop until he moved away last year; damn good thing he did ...……… Everyone one is great, now.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:47 PM

The Pooh ******* and droppers are NOT unique to The Villages. We have similar people here who believe their obligation ends with bidding “Fido’s droppings”. They proceed to carefully place the full bag at the curb or on the sidewalk thinking the “Pooh Fairy” will come along to take care of the rest of the duty.

May the Pooh Gods look down on these people and smote their bags before their eyes.

LOL
Old 02-08-2019, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,932 Times in 2,702 Posts

Our neighorhood is full of all kinds of wonderful people, just one bad apple. The one who runs an Airbnb, which brings in a non-stop revolving door of trainsent renters who often don't respect the neighborhood like long term residents/tennants, cause parking issues in the road, and drive their cars like they stole them. I would gladly trade in that one neighbor for someone who lets their dog poop on our lawn every day.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Our neighorhood is full of all kinds of wonderful people, just one bad apple. The one who runs an Airbnb, which brings in a non-stop revolving door of trainsent renters who often don't respect the neighborhood like long term residents/tennants, cause parking issues in the road, and drive their cars like they stole them. I would gladly trade in that one neighbor for someone who lets their dog poop on our lawn every day.
I would too.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
I would rather have the bad neighbor than one who lets his dog crap in our yard.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,932 Times in 2,702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
I would rather have the bad neighbor than one who lets his dog crap in our yard.
It takes about 30 seconds to pick up a poop, it takes all day (and night) long to deal with a bad neighbor who runs a very poor Airbnb operation. Not even a comparison, think about it?
Old 02-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
I guess that’s when you just toss it back over where it came from
I have a home in the northeast in a nice middle class neighborhood. Homes prices start in close to $300k. About 4 years ago one of the most expensive homes now for sale at $499k was bought by a drug dealer who had 3 pit bulls. Although they did not poop much on my property the few times they did I used a shovel and threw it into his driveway. After about the 3rd time he got the hint. Of course I did it a night when no one was looking. I never trusted this guy ever since a squad of 20 DEA/State/Local police raided the house in 2016.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Call the tax enforcement people.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Closed Thread

Tags
alden, bad, neighborhood, neighbors, minority

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.