Bad neighbors are a minority

Bad neighbors are a minority

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Just Reality
Old 02-04-2019, 08:21 AM
Platinum member

Wink Just Reality

I believe reality is when there is any grouping like the Villages, A club or gathering there will always be a person or group that are either problems or difficult, etc. Just have to recognize this will be reality and get through it.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:29 AM
Sage

Court yard villas and any home that has back to back and or side to side neighbor bird cage/open lenai....require one to do diligence the best way possible before buying.
Some are just too close, there are bound to be occasional conflicting lifestyles....

Smokers.
Loud talkers.
Night owls.
Barking dogs.
Nosy nellies.
etc.
etc.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:57 PM
Sage

I didn't know the developers allow you to bring pets to a Lifestyle visit.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:12 PM
Veteran member

There are people who own and live in the Alden Bungalow's as well as the visitors using the rental units.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:15 PM

We love all our neighbors. I am a Democrat amongst close to 100% republicans, and we all get along just fine.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Not in my neighborhood! Have zero bad neighbors.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:11 PM

So really what we're seeing here is the same old thing: The few ruin it for everyone else.

By "the few" I mean two types:
1. The people who know that what they want to do will be received -widely- by the many as "tacky" and push it to the limits, as long as their deed doesn't expressly prohibit it. This gives the "opposition" the justification, however lame, to judge these types of people as trash, low-rent, tacky, and living in a neighborhood they, in their all high and mighty superiority, would not deign to sully their pristine selves with.

2. The high and mighty elitist snobs who will go out of their way to seek out and complain about things that really have nothing to do with them at all, just because they know they can, and the powers that be will actually do something about it. These are the ones who get a kick out of putting other people down and making other peoples' lives miserable, because they are probably miserable as well and misery loves company.

Everyone else falls somewhere inbetween, and they're the ones who get punished by either end of the spectrum.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I didn't know the developers allow you to bring pets to a Lifestyle visit.
It was OK several years ago in the Alden Bungalows. I asked the people from The Villages before we rented.

This thread is not sitting right with me I thinks that something or somebody is askew! Never happened. Got proof?
Old 02-05-2019, 06:37 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
So really what we're seeing here is the same old thing: The few ruin it for everyone else.

By "the few" I mean two types:
1. The people who know that what they want to do will be received -widely- by the many as "tacky" and push it to the limits, as long as their deed doesn't expressly prohibit it. This gives the "opposition" the justification, however lame, to judge these types of people as trash, low-rent, tacky, and living in a neighborhood they, in their all high and mighty superiority, would not deign to sully their pristine selves with.

2. The high and mighty elitist snobs who will go out of their way to seek out and complain about things that really have nothing to do with them at all, just because they know they can, and the powers that be will actually do something about it. These are the ones who get a kick out of putting other people down and making other peoples' lives miserable, because they are probably miserable as well and misery loves company.

Everyone else falls somewhere inbetween, and they're the ones who get punished by either end of the spectrum.
This simply does not sound like the place that we call home. The behaviors or rather attitudes you describe are aberrant and, in my opinion, very very few and far between, if at all.

The dog poop can be explained in many other ways -- not just the neighbors. Perhaps someone walking by -- a teenager visiting the grandparents who, after walking the dog didn't want to carry the bag home. I don't know and of course I am clutching at straws to explain this behavior but I would not want this incident to paint the rest of us with a broad stroke.

I think of myself as a pretty laid back person who has learned to tolerate much (many years living in a multi-family apartment building with neighbors above, below, left and right) -- but put out a couple of ceramic or plastic Pink Flamingos and you've pressed one of my buttons. (No discrimination against Pink Flamingoes intended -- but just not on my block.)

I hope you will be able to spend a bit of time here and get to know the real people. I bet you would find a plethora of sane, normal, respectful, polite and well, just plain nice people who want the same things as everyone else. You said "misery loves company", I agree, but so does happiness!

Last edited by BK001; 02-05-2019 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:55 PM
Sage

TOTV is like a soap opera and in no way reflects what it's like to live here unless you actually live near one of the negative posters. All the people I've met mind their own business and get along fine.

Tags
alden, bad, neighborhood, neighbors, minority