Balloon bust !!

Balloon bust !!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 08:04 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by luperona9 View Post
True I am lazy.

Does anyone have a link so we can email the sheriff?

We should all.
The best way to stop this harassment is in the next ballot box that has Sherrif Farmer on it. If he can't control his own officers, who can he control?

Old 06-03-2019, 08:12 AM
Gold member

With all due respect, that’s a cop out. A person with firsthand knowledge of what happened (not hearsay) needs to contact Sheriff and explain what they saw. Maybe he’s unaware. Who knows? If he authorized this, he needs to explain and know that his deputies are being watched and questioned. Taxpayers deserve an answer if Sheriff’s office is overstepping boundaries. Nothing positive will come from griping on an Internet board.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
With all due respect, that’s a cop out. A person with firsthand knowledge of what happened (not hearsay) needs to contact Sheriff and explain what they saw. Maybe he’s unaware. Who knows? If he authorized this, he needs to explain and know that his deputies are being watched and questioned. Taxpayers deserve an answer if Sheriff’s office is overstepping boundaries. Nothing positive will come from griping on an Internet board.
One person contacting the sheriff's office can be brushed off.

Serveral or many will result in the sherrif telling his officers not to let it happen again.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:01 AM
Gold member

Right or wrong it's quite possible (probable?) this action was requested by TPTB possibly after someone complained about too many "free peeks".
Balloon Festival
Old 06-03-2019, 09:19 AM

Default Balloon Festival

We bought VIP tickets for the Balloon Festival - $250 each. We were sent tickets & info in the mail. But we did not get a VIP car pass so we had to fight with the parking person each time we entered the VIP area. We were assured that there would be shuttle service from our car to the VIP tent. Not true. My husband has difficulty walking distances and that is why we bought VIP tickets. I had to flag down a garbage cart for a ride for my husband. One volunteer used her own golf cart to help my husband. Every volunteer was friendly & helpful but they were clueless about where things were and what was going on. The VIP tent & food -- excellent! However we never knew when lunch or dinner was being served. I didn't know until Sunday evening that the VIP had a special bathroom as there was no sign on the trailer. The bathrooms were BEAUTIFUL and clean. The VIP tickets did not include drinks. I should think for $250 PER PERSON we'd get a voucher for 2 or 3 drinks. We even had to pay for soft drinks and water. The bands played too loud constantly and there was no variety of music. How about some 50's songs?
Old 06-03-2019, 11:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
I stayed away this year because I went to it last year, and I"M NOT KIDDING, it took us 1 hour to get from 466 to the Polo Fields on Buena Vista. I guess they weren't expecting such a big crowd, rude drivers were pulling into the left hand lane on BV and trying to cut people off at the entrance going in to the Polo Field that were correctly waiting in the right hand lane, it was a mess. Finally, someone came out to direct traffic and stop people from entering from the left hand lane but by then we had waiting about an hour.
Key point....last year.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by refeik View Post
Two articles recently have been published regarding how bad the hot air balloon event was conducted. The first lady talked of the total chaos she encountered. She arrived at 6:30 AM Friday, to watch the balloons arrive. Olly one showed up. She couldn't but a simple cup of coffee because the vendors did not open until 11:30.mShesaid, never again will she attend this event in the Villages.
Now for the second issue that concerns me greatly. A Villages resident said he was driving his golf cart on the Buena Vista cart path and decided to pull off onto the grass to join other who had done the same, to watch some of the activities at the polo fields. In just moments a Sumter Deputy drove his patrol car onto the grass shoulder and ordered him to leave. The deputy then drove his car onto the cart path and drove along the path ordering everyone to leave. MY QUESTION IS, Sheriff Farmer, does your Deputies have authorization to control golf carts that are along the cart paths which are not a part of the street ??? Was this possibly an act of bulling by one of your people ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Do you plan to contact Sheriff Farmer directly to ask this question?
Quote:
Originally Posted by luperona9 View Post
True I am lazy.

Does anyone have a link so we can email the sheriff?

We should all.
Welcome to the Sumter County Sheriff's Office Website
Old 06-03-2019, 02:54 PM
Veteran member

Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by refeik View Post
Two articles recently have been published regarding how bad the hot air balloon event was conducted. The first lady talked of the total chaos she encountered. She arrived at 6:30 AM Friday, to watch the balloons arrive. Olly one showed up. She couldn't but a simple cup of coffee because the vendors did not open until 11:30.mShesaid, never again will she attend this event in the Villages.
Now for the second issue that concerns me greatly. A Villages resident said he was driving his golf cart on the Buena Vista cart path and decided to pull off onto the grass to join other who had done the same, to watch some of the activities at the polo fields. In just moments a Sumter Deputy drove his patrol car onto the grass shoulder and ordered him to leave. The deputy then drove his car onto the cart path and drove along the path ordering everyone to leave. MY QUESTION IS, Sheriff Farmer, does your Deputies have authorization to control golf carts that are along the cart paths which are not a part of the street ??? Was this possibly an act of bulling by one of your people ??

Yes they do have authorization. If there is a golf cart accident on the mmp who do you think investigates and press charges.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post

Yes they do have authorization. If there is a golf cart accident on the mmp who do you think investigates and press charges.
Da Police, that's who!
Old 06-03-2019, 04:38 PM
Sage

Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Default Blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Those darn snowbirds.
Yep, have to blame the snowbirds for anything that is a mess.

Tags
cart, drove, path, car, watch