Balloon bust !!

Balloon bust !!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 05:25 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Being told that you aren't allowed to pull off of the MMP and park (out of the way of carts using the path, of course)?

Seriously?

The same MMP's that have permanent benches...to do exactly that?

-<clip>-

Are you saying the permanent benches were put there for golf cart drivers to park and rest? I thought they were for people walking/running/biking/walking dogs or cats who want to sit down and relax and look at the view.

If that's the case they should put charging stations at each bench for us electric cart drivers.

Old 06-03-2019, 07:15 PM
Veteran member

Location: Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Georgia, The Villages (St. James)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luperona9 View Post
One person contacting the sheriff's office can be brushed off.

Serveral or many will result in the sherrif telling his officers not to let it happen again.
A group of carts parked along the MMP in the grass. Why should we believe that this should not be adressed again in the future.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2019, 07:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Are you saying the permanent benches were put there for golf cart drivers to park and rest? I thought they were for people walking/running/biking/walking dogs or cats who want to sit down and relax and look at the view.
They are there for all the above.

Have yet to see any signs saying; "Reserved for...."

Quote:
If that's the case they should put charging stations at each bench for us electric cart drivers.
And gas pumps/air compressors/windshield squeegees/Etc./Etc.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
With all due respect, that’s a cop out. A person with firsthand knowledge of what happened (not hearsay) needs to contact Sheriff and explain what they saw. Maybe he’s unaware. Who knows? If he authorized this, he needs to explain and know that his deputies are being watched and questioned. Taxpayers deserve an answer if Sheriff’s office is overstepping boundaries. Nothing positive will come from griping on an Internet board.
I posted the original comments. I was not a party to the issue but I did post the experience of two persons who actually shared their experience. Both letters were signed by name. The person who shared the deputy making everyone move from the grass along the cart path stated he is a Villages resident and was one of those directed to move along.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post

Yes they do have authorization. If there is a golf cart accident on the mmp who do you think investigates and press charges.
Wait a minute. There was no accident so that isn't a question.. So why is it that Cops cannot give you a speeding ticket for driver on the non street cart paths. We residents own these golf cart paths, it is private property. There are benches in these grassy areas for people who would like to take a break and sit awhile.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
While I do not think any law was broken WRT golf carts specifically I honestly don't think the grass along the MMP was ever intended as a parking lot for golf carts. For a quick stop for an "emergency" like to check a map or answer a call or maybe even make a U-turn possibly but not for parking dozens of carts. As for whether local PD had or has authority to chase people away if it was given to them by TPTB in that specific circumstance they likely would. I honestly don't believe it was ever "officially" intended for golf cart PARKING. For one thing, eventually a lot of use would destroy the grass near those rest stops, I mean benches.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:28 AM

Was balloon fest ok on Saturday?
Old 06-04-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:

Have yet to see any signs saying; "Reserved for...." [/SIZE]

And gas pumps/air compressors/windshield squeegees/Etc./Etc.
Do you see humor in this problem ???
Old 06-04-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
While I do not think any law was broken WRT golf carts specifically I honestly don't think the grass along the MMP was ever intended as a parking lot for golf carts. For a quick stop for an "emergency" like to check a map or answer a call or maybe even make a U-turn possibly but not for parking dozens of carts. As for whether local PD had or has authority to chase people away if it was given to them by TPTB in that specific circumstance they likely would. I honestly don't believe it was ever "officially" intended for golf cart PARKING. For one thing, eventually a lot of use would destroy the grass near those rest stops, I mean benches.
Get real, this was not being used as a parking lot. It was a one time happening that probably would have occurred for just minutes.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by refeik View Post
Do you see humor in this problem ???
Excuse me?

Please take the time to read ALL of my posts (particularly post #3)...in this thread.

The "humor" was simply in response to providing plug-ins for electric carts (ridiculous of course)...at the benches on the MMP's.

Tags
cart, drove, path, car, watch