"Ballpark Cost" to epoxy a 2-Car garage?

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2018, 10:28 PM

I had the floor done right after closing. Before I put all my stuff in the garage. There is also curing time before you can walk, placeitems and park on the newly epoxy coated floor.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:58 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I like Tim Miller’s work. Very professional, very thorough.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-16-2018, 07:36 AM

Call Tim MIller. He is the best. I paid 1900 for 950 SF.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 12-16-2018, 07:53 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post
Many companies do this...a few well, and some horribly. I do enough inspections that I can tell as soon as I walk into the garage who did the epoxy job.

Like Inspections, This is NOT the project you want to skimp on or hire the cheapest guy. You only get ONE SHOT to get this right. If you hire a crappy guy who does a poor job, every time you walk out there you will be reminded of your foolishness. You do not want hot tire pick up, etc. Cry once when you buy it, then be happy forever.

Last time I heard, if you do not have too much, Tim can bring a trailer to put stuff in, or put it in your Lanai, or your snowbird neighbor's garage....

Tim Miller always does a great job and many folks are very happy with his companies work. Kling Painting also does a nice job. There may be a few others who also do good work, but those two companies are most likely the only guys I would consider.

Frank

Side topic/comment> re Frank Dangelo- He is the BEST in The Villages. If you ever need a home inspection, or friends who do... Frank is THE GUY. He did our (1 yr after build in '15) new home inspection, as well as friends/neighbs we recommended him to - A+++ all the way. He knows his stuff, so experienced, detailed, and as you can tell from his comments above - has great insight. I would sure follow his advice. BTW, unsolicited....
Old 12-16-2018, 07:58 AM

Frank, you wrote "You only get ONE SHOT to get this right". Thirteen years ago we knew no better and didn't get it right and had/have hot tire pick up. We'd like to do something to improve the current appearance of the garage floor. Any suggestions?
Old 12-16-2018, 08:32 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Dean, thank you for the kind words...I am humbled and blessed. What a wonderful way to start the day. We appreciate it beyond words.

Juneroses.....I m not an expert on the subject, but if the product you used was made by Rustoleum, they have small "patch kits" that they will send you free of charge. you would have to clean the small area, scuff it up, then paint the small area and apply some flakes over it to blend. Within 24 hours you would then apply the clear coat over it to seal and bond.

You MAY want to clean the whole area, scuff it a bit, and then apply a clear coat. This will make the area shiny (add Shark Grip to the clear coat for an anti slip additive). The clear coat should bond to the old epoxy and I would think you should be good.

This clear coat costs just as much as the colored paint, but makes the whole job look good.

Note that IF you have other areas where the original job did not bond well to the concrete, you may need to rent to etcher/sander disc or sandblaster to get all the old stuff off. A costly and pain in the neck job. I had to do that once, but it made redoing everything work out well.

Hope this helps!

Frank
Old 12-16-2018, 10:04 AM
Platinum member

We have a Lantana with a fairly large garage floor (sorry don't know square feet) and we paid $1250 for the floor to be epoxied. We just did it this summer and love it.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post
Many companies do this...a few well, and some horribly. I do enough inspections that I can tell as soon as I walk into the garage who did the epoxy job.

Like Inspections, This is NOT the project you want to skimp on or hire the cheapest guy. You only get ONE SHOT to get this right. If you hire a crappy guy who does a poor job, every time you walk out there you will be reminded of your foolishness. You do not want hot tire pick up, etc. Cry once when you buy it, then be happy forever.

Last time I heard, if you do not have too much, Tim can bring a trailer to put stuff in, or put it in your Lanai, or your snowbird neighbor's garage....

Tim Miller always does a great job and many folks are very happy with his companies work. Kling Painting also does a nice job. There may be a few others who also do good work, but those two companies are most likely the only guys I would consider.

Frank

Thanks! Great info. I agree on price as cheapest isn't always necessarily the best when it comes to that type of work.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
We have a Lantana with a fairly large garage floor (sorry don't know square feet) and we paid $1250 for the floor to be epoxied. We just did it this summer and love it.
Who did it for you?
Closed Thread

Tags
garage, cost, epoxy, fun, rollers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.