Bank of America

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Default Bank of America

///

Last edited by ricthemic; 01-07-2015 at 03:29 AM.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Veteran member

used my card several times today without issue
Old 01-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Gold member

Contact BOA and get a new card.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:42 PM
Platinum member

This happened about 6 weeks ago. I got an email from BofA saying my card had been compromised (just after The Home Depot hacking) and that I would be getting a new card by a certain date, and that after that date, my current card would no longer be accepted. I did receive the new card shortly thereafter.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Remember when you used cash for everything. We pay cash for everything now except for our mortgage
Old 01-06-2015, 09:18 AM
Gold member

the constant hacking attacks do make it hard to trust electronic payment systems. so many companies are trying to get you to use new forms like apple pay....I think that you have to be crazy to use these new methods before they have been fully vetted....just because apple says it is safe does not make it so. /this is based on my opinions and a life long career as an IT Consultant...do what you want...I'm just saying.....
Old 01-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
the constant hacking attacks do make it hard to trust electronic payment systems. so many companies are trying to get you to use new forms like apple pay....I think that you have to be crazy to use these new methods before they have been fully vetted....just because apple says it is safe does not make it so. /this is based on my opinions and a life long career as an IT Consultant...do what you want...I'm just saying.....
I have to agree with you about the vetting of the new technologies, but with ApplePay, no one sees my credit card number, name or anything else. I use my thumbprint to validate a charge and that's it. I believe this will be the future of charge cards, in some form or another.

Other than identity fraud, credit cards are a safe bet. I've never had a card company refuse to refund a fraudulent charge to my account.

Just my .02 and I love ApplePay...wish everyone could take it....
Old 01-06-2015, 10:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
I have to agree with you about the vetting of the new technologies, but with ApplePay, no one sees my credit card number, name or anything else. I use my thumbprint to validate a charge and that's it. I believe this will be the future of charge cards, in some form or another.

Other than identity fraud, credit cards are a safe bet. I've never had a card company refuse to refund a fraudulent charge to my account.

Just my .02 and I love ApplePay...wish everyone could take it....

I agree. I have had my credit cards refunded for fraulent use but never had anyone refund cash that was stolen from me. There is always risk in everything.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post

I agree. I have had my credit cards refunded for fraulent use but never had anyone refund cash that was stolen from me. There is always risk in everything.
ok, tick, tick, tick....we'll see..
Old 01-06-2015, 05:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Bank of America -- The Worst Bank in the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthemic View Post
Something weird today. While purchasing gas today my BOA Visa was refused and we pay the balance never late. Called BoA, also very weird the 40 minute wait time. Said they are very busy and They said it was compromised. We never got called. My question is
Anyone else recently?
If BOA was the last bank on this earth, I would put my money in my mattress. There customer service is the worst. To have to wait 40 minutes to speak to someone and then be told they are busy, is beyond outrageous.

They said your card was compromised and never gave you any details? They never called you to let you know? I would take my business elsewhere. There are too many other banks that do give true customer service.

Cut up that credit card and walk!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
If BOA was the last bank on this earth, I would put my money in my mattress. There customer service is the worst. To have to wait 40 minutes to speak to someone and then be told they are busy, is beyond outrageous.
snipped
Sorry to hear that! BoA has never been anything but professional and most helpful in all of our dealings with them! In our NJ office we are always greeted by name and with smiles from all of their staff. It is hard to walk through their doors without a smile - going in and going out! And each of the Villages branches always smile at us! So of course - we smile right back! I just wish they were offering better interest rates on their accounts.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:34 PM

I could not access my credit card account on line last nite. Called BOA and was told about the hacking. Card and online access worked fine today.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:15 PM
Platinum member

I have never had any problem with Bank of America since 1990!!!
Old 01-06-2015, 11:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
I have never had any problem with Bank of America since 1990!!!

I didn't either until they bought Country Wide Mortgage. After that it was a complete disaster.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Sorry to hear that! BoA has never been anything but professional and most helpful in all of our dealings with them! In our NJ office we are always greeted by name and with smiles from all of their staff. It is hard to walk through their doors without a smile - going in and going out! And each of the Villages branches always smile at us! So of course - we smile right back! I just wish they were offering better interest rates on their accounts.
Regardless of what you think, smiling and being greeted by name are probably the lowest form of what most people would refer to as being professional. I am talking about actual business dealings, and not about "what is your rate of interest today," or "please tell me what my balance is." I am speaking about the real challenges of customer service to the customers who are actually paying your salary.

The OP stated a gasoline charge was turned down. When she called BOA the OP was simply told their card was compromised with no details. This was after the customer was on hold for 40 minutes. BOA never even called the customer! There are other examples but in a nutshell, I don't know how they are still in business.

So let them keep smiling. As I said -- they will never get one cent of mine!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.