Beautiful 2.8 mile walking trail around Hogeye wetland.

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2019, 08:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts
Default Beautiful 2.8 mile walking trail around Hogeye wetland.

We drove down to the new Marsh Bend area, parked at Cattail rec center, and found the trail at the East end of the parking lot.

The trail goes past the ninth hole of the Marshview golf course and then it goes between the Hogeye wetland and the new Lowlands golf course which is under construction. The views of Hogeye are wonderful.

After about 3/4 of a mile, the trail intersects the MMP they are building to connect Fenney to Brownwood. We went south and crossed the new bridge, then turned right on the walking trail along the south side of the marsh.

The trail went thru live oak trees and had nice views of the marsh, and continued until we were back at Cattail. This is the nicest place we have found in TV.

All of the trail (except for the short part along the MMP) does not allow golf carts, so we could walk side-by-side with no fear of a golf cart coming up behind us..

Last edited by VApeople; 04-06-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:13 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Thanks for this info. Will have to give that trail a walk before the summer heat sets in.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:58 PM
Veteran member

That sounds lovely. And they thought through parking so us northerners can visit without being a nuisance.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
That sounds lovely. And they thought through parking so us northerners can visit without being a nuisance.

Oh SNAP!

By the sounds of it though, the trail...certainly seems to be something nice to try.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
We drove down to the new Marsh Bend area, parked at Cattail rec center, and found the trail at the East end of the parking lot.

The trail goes past the ninth hole of the Marshview golf course and then it goes between the Hogeye wetland and the new Lowlands golf course which is under construction. The views of Hogeye are wonderful.

After about 3/4 of a mile, the trail intersects the MMP they are building to connect Fenney to Brownwood. We went south and crossed the new bridge, then turned right on the walking trail along the south side of the marsh.

The trail went thru live oak trees and had nice views of the marsh, and continued until we were back at Cattail. This is the nicest place we have found in TV.

All of the trail (except for the short part along the MMP) does not allow golf carts, so we could walk side-by-side with no fear of a golf cart coming up behind us..

Do they allow dogs???
Old 04-06-2019, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
Are we not all just, Villagers?
Old 04-06-2019, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,067 Times in 2,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Do they allow dogs???
My question exactly, I have limited steps every day with the restriction of my knees, and I reserve those steps for walking my dog and golfing.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:18 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

Sounds like this walking trail would be a path worth taking. Did you encounter any wildlife? I assume you didn’t or you would mention it. Lastly, what about mosquitoes?
Old 04-06-2019, 07:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Do they allow dogs???
I don't know.

To my knowledge, the part of the trail that goes along the main road Marsh Bend Trail has the same rules as the walking path along Fenney Way, which means that dogs and bikes are allowed. The trail is wide.

The part of the trail on the north side of Hogeye and the trail behind the Marsh View housing area is a little more narrow, so those trails may be like the walking path behind Sugarcane which does not allow dogs and bikes.

We'll know more when they put up more signs.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:26 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,318 Times in 384 Posts

Many mosquitoes?
Old 04-06-2019, 07:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Did you encounter any wildlife?
On the last part of the walk, near to the golf course, we saw a large red-tail hawk that did not appear to be doing well. It could move it's wings, but it was just walking around instead of flying.

When we got back to the golf course, we told the starter about the hawk and its location and he said he would tell someone who might try to help the bird out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Lastly, what about mosquitoes?
Ever since the guy at Fenney got West Nile Virus from a mosquito bite and died from it, we have all been more wary. We carried bug spray but did not have to use it.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post

Next time you go, take some pictures and post them! Would love to see them
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 04-08-2019, 12:36 PM

A great path, neat to be so close to nature, the golf courses as well as a quick stroll by the turnpike all within a short loop, and no mosquitos yesterday!
Old 04-08-2019, 01:00 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Are we not all just, Villagers?
Bogie, I have been hearing on TV radio during the plugs for open houses McClure and Marsh Bend being called the Southern Villages. I don't know if that is script or someones ad-lib but they are using the term which is surprising. By the way, I started playing golf again and will now be changing my name from VintageOgauge to Triple bogie.
Closed Thread

Tags
trail, hogeye, golf, marsh, found

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.