Been living here 8+ years and now a turd....

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2021, 07:18 PM

Last post on this thread.

The turds have spoken.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Perhaps, instead of oldie rock music piped into the square, they should play funeral music for those that seem so intent on needing "serenity"......
I get my "serenity" cruising down the road with the wind blowing in my face and sunshine on my back.........
We sailors love that point at which the engine is turned off.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,536 Times in 1,460 Posts
Default Wind not blowing through your hair? It's a joke.

Quote:
Perhaps, instead of oldie rock music piped into the square, they should play funeral music for those that seem so intent on needing "serenity"......
I get my "serenity" cruising down the road with the wind blowing in my face and sunshine on my back.........
"Get your motor running. Head out on the highway". Just try to be civil about it. One day, God forbid, it could be you, trying to get rest to heal or hear your grandchild say "grandpa" for the first time when someone unthinkingly, uncaring, roars past shattering the quiet and steals the moment forever. Be the bigger and better person. Make friends of your neighbors and they will cut you a lot of slack.
Old 11-24-2021, 08:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,316 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
"Get your motor running. Head out on the highway". Just try to be civil about it. One day, God forbid, it could be you, trying to get rest to heal or hear your grandchild say "grandpa" for the first time when someone unthinkingly, uncaring, roars past shattering the quiet and steals the moment forever. Be the bigger and better person. Make friends of your neighbors and they will cut you a lot of slack.

It's not being inconsiderate to start up your bike in the DAYTIME and gone in a two minutes or less. If that is a bother, then........sorry. I am not going to quit living just because someone doesn't like being woke up from a coma.
If I have a neighbor that is really ill or having trouble to the point where he/she has to sleep in the daytime, then I will do my best not to disturb them. I don't complain about a lawn service making 15 minutes of noise, just about every day of the week, and I don't complain about my neighbors dog that finds my yard a better toilet than theirs, so I guess we all have to live with tough times...
Old 11-25-2021, 05:06 PM

i would rather her a bick . then have my nabor down the street call the cops on me for telling him to have his dog poop and p on his place the cops came and what a wast of time
Old 11-25-2021, 05:25 PM
Sage
Default Hmm?

Quote:
It's not being inconsiderate to start up your bike in the DAYTIME and gone in a two minutes or less. If that is a bother, then........sorry. I am not going to quit living just because someone doesn't like being woke up from a coma.
If I have a neighbor that is really ill or having trouble to the point where he/she has to sleep in the daytime, then I will do my best not to disturb them. I don't complain about a lawn service making 15 minutes of noise, just about every day of the week, and I don't complain about my neighbors dog that finds my yard a better toilet than theirs, so I guess we all have to live with tough times...
Begging your pardon, but I don't recall suggesting anyone "quit living". I merely suggested being civil and getting to know your neighbors. A little mutual understanding and consideration so everyone can get along. Then we can all enjoy our homes and community. I don't see that as being too much to ask.
Old 11-25-2021, 05:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,124 Times in 806 Posts

This subject has no correct solution.

It's like abortion, some agree with it and some don't.

A little information for you young folk, there was a time when tickets were issued for
any altering any exhaust system and any motorize vehicle.

Hmmm I wonder Why that was?
Old 11-26-2021, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,316 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
This subject has no correct solution.

It's like abortion, some agree with it and some don't.

A little information for you young folk, there was a time when tickets were issued for
any altering any exhaust system and any motorize vehicle.

Hmmm I wonder Why that was?

Because busybodies complained too much about little things and now common sense says that there is no reason to expect graveyard quiet in a thriving neighborhood during the daylight hours.
Old 11-26-2021, 11:10 AM
Sage
Default Just curious.

Quote:
Because busybodies complained too much about little things and now common sense says that there is no reason to expect graveyard quiet in a thriving neighborhood during the daylight hours.
I honestly don't understand the meaning or significance of the "BOOM". Please explain.
Old 11-26-2021, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
I honestly don't understand the meaning or significance of the "BOOM". Please explain.
I think it's like a "drop the mic" moment...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
person, mufflers, care, someones, ego

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.