Default Beer at Johnny Rockets🍻

Johnny Rockets now has tap beer! What do you think, good or bad? 🍻🍻
Old 01-11-2015, 10:42 AM
Platinum member

good
Old 01-11-2015, 11:07 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Bad. To me, this was a kid restaurant. I really don't want to take my grandson to a place serving alcohol.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Platinum member

Where have you been. They have had beer for a long time.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Bad. To me, this was a kid restaurant. I really don't want to take my grandson to a place serving alcohol.
after "fast food" and Chucky Cheese ... the list of eligible restaurants gets real thin.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
after "fast food" and Chucky Cheese ... the list of eligible restaurants gets real thin.
Tell me about it. Johnny Rockets was one he enjoyed but it came off my list when I saw beer. His genetic makeup is not conducive to being around alcohol.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I see nothing wrong with serving beer at Johnny Rockets here in The Villages. Do you really think here in TV they are targeting kids under 21 for anything on their menu......that would be a mighty small target audience for them to survive.

This is not a local bar or "city fire" and the ambiance is such that people do not just sit there and drink. Yes they would like the golfer to enjoy a beer (or 2)after golf while enjoying his/her hamburger for lunch or have an alternative adult offering for a father or grandfather who brings their younger kids in for a hamburger on a hot summer day rather than just a soda.

It just makes good business sense to me !
Old 01-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
I see nothing wrong with serving beer at Johnny Rockets here in The Villages. Do you really think here in TV they are targeting kids under 21 for anything on their menu......that would be a mighty small target audience for them to survive.

This is not a local bar or "city fire" and the ambiance is such that people do not just sit there and drink. Yes they would like the golfer to enjoy a beer (or 2)after golf while enjoying his/her hamburger for lunch or have an alternative adult offering for a father or grandfather who brings their younger kids in for a hamburger on a hot summer day rather than just a soda.

I'll drink to that.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post

Not arguing any of that.

Just saying I will not take grandson to fun type restaurant that seves alcohol. It is one thing to take him to an adult restaurant and let him see that adults can imbibe and not get drunk, it is another to take him into a restaurant where he gets up and dances with the severs and sees adult drinking. I have some very real reasons given my daughter's biological makeup and his father's issues.

I worked hard to ensure that my daughter understood the risks of drugs and alcohol. I'll continue doing so with my grandson. It worked for her. Hopefully, the same standards will work for him.

So, for me, personally, serving beer here is bad and it just takes a restaurant I liked off the list for my grandson.

Old 01-11-2015, 03:04 PM
Eternal Member

I see nothing wrong with it. I take my grandson there and people drink beer.
I also take him to Codys, Red Sauce, RJ Gators & City Fire to eat. Don't see anything wrong with that at all.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:18 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

I value the judgment of those who choose to avoid restaurants for any reason, but I value the restaurant's choice also. The Johnny Rockett decision to serve beer, which was made months ago, has likely attracted more customers in this adult community.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:19 PM
Eternal Member

Absolutely right. IF alcohol abuse does run in a family, the answer is not to shield them from any place serving alcohol but to educate them on their family intolerance to alcohol.

Besides, as it has already been posted, Johnny Rockets has been serving beer for quite some time.

In fact, the only places that I can think of at Lake Sumter Landing that do not serve beer are Panera and Starbucks. TooJay's serves beer.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Where have you been. They have had beer for a long time.
I didn't know they had it for a while. I was walking by yesterday and saw a sign in the window for two fers. Waitress told me Johnny was stepping up his game!
They serve drinks all over the square so I guess they figured, why not. 🍻 🍻
Old 01-11-2015, 04:28 PM

I think it's great. An opportunity to stop and have a cold one on your way to Happy Hour on the square.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

What kind of beer ? Hopefully something that doesn't end with wiser or ing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.