Being responsible pet owners

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2023, 06:34 AM
Default Being responsible pet owners

Over the past few months, I have noticed more and more often that some residents are leaving their pet waste in bags along the walking paths, this is not only disgusting it is disrespectful. We all live in this community and want to keep it beautiful and clean, there is no one hired to clean up after you or your pets that is your job as a pet owner. While I appreciate you bagging up the pet waste, please finish your job by disposing it properly.
Old 03-30-2023, 06:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

..........Dog Poo!!!!
Old 03-30-2023, 06:59 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

wow, I have never heard of anyone leaving dog poop behind, must be something new.
Old 03-30-2023, 07:13 AM

I saw this once on the path around Hawkins preserve. It turned out that a couple was walking two dogs and didn't want to carry the full bag around so they left it and picked it up on the way back.
Old 03-30-2023, 07:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpart View Post
Over the past few months, I have noticed more and more often that some residents are leaving their pet waste in bags along the walking paths, this is not only disgusting it is disrespectful.
Yeah, we have been seeing that for the past few years and yesterday we saw a bag of dog crap next to a bench near Edna's on the Hogeye trail. Some dog owners are truly disgusting.
Old 03-30-2023, 07:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,242 Posts

Bugs me as a dog owner also but I'll pick it up and take care of disposing ones I see.
Old 03-30-2023, 08:04 AM
Veteran member

At least we're not in San Francisco and have to deal with human feces.
Old 03-30-2023, 08:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,605 Times in 942 Posts

It’s been s few weeks since we had a dog poop conversation, glad it’s back.
Old 03-30-2023, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miboater View Post
I saw this once on the path around Hawkins preserve. It turned out that a couple was walking two dogs and didn't want to carry the full bag around so they left it and picked it up on the way back.
That's the story they use if they get caught conveniently forgetting it on the way back (by some other route).
Meanwhile, back at the scene of the crime, everyone that goes by is graciously treated to the disgusting sight of a bag of poop that some self entitled individual(s) left for all the world to enjoy.
Hey! It's your dog poo! Pick it up and carry it to the proper disposal container. Don't leave it hoping that someone else will do you job for you.
Old 03-30-2023, 09:17 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpart View Post
Over the past few months, I have noticed more and more often that some residents are leaving their pet waste in bags along the walking paths, this is not only disgusting it is disrespectful. We all live in this community and want to keep it beautiful and clean, there is no one hired to clean up after you or your pets that is your job as a pet owner. While I appreciate you bagging up the pet waste, please finish your job by disposing it properly.
The world is going insane. A dog owner was walking their dog (as dog owners are known to do) when it relieved itself. The owner picked up the droppings and discarded the plastic baggy in someones trash bin, which was out by the curb. It was trash pick up day. The owner of said trash can had (cue the music) "A RING DOORBELL". That night, identifying the dog owner (they went house to house showing a photo til they identified him) they went back home and put together their response to this heinous crime. The next day Staples made a sale. They made large signs, photo of the accused throwing the baggy in the trash, another of the dog in full squat, with such slogans as "Why would I want your dog sh**" and I won't sh** in your can, please don't sh** in mine". I understand being a bit annoyed, but everyone, from the dog owner to the garbage can owner, seem to have lost all ability to behave in a civilized manner. So many things that are common today I would find impossible to believe twenty years ago.
Old 03-30-2023, 09:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post
At least we're not in San Francisco and have to deal with human feces.
Not that we know of. I call for a dna service in TV just to be sure. Maybe increase the cost of a dog license to cover the expense.
Old 03-30-2023, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
Not that we know of. I call for a dna service in TV just to be sure. Maybe increase the cost of a dog license to cover the expense.
ridiculous
Old 03-30-2023, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Bugs me as a dog owner also but I'll pick it up and take care of disposing ones I see.
They are counting on you to do their job.
Old 03-30-2023, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
The world is going insane. A dog owner was walking their dog (as dog owners are known to do) when it relieved itself. The owner picked up the droppings and discarded the plastic baggy in someones trash bin, which was out by the curb. It was trash pick up day. The owner of said trash can had (cue the music) "A RING DOORBELL". That night, identifying the dog owner (they went house to house showing a photo til they identified him) they went back home and put together their response to this heinous crime. The next day Staples made a sale. They made large signs, photo of the accused throwing the baggy in the trash, another of the dog in full squat, with such slogans as "Why would I want your dog sh**" and I won't sh** in your can, please don't sh** in mine". I understand being a bit annoyed, but everyone, from the dog owner to the garbage can owner, seem to have lost all ability to behave in a civilized manner. So many things that are common today I would find impossible to believe twenty years ago.
Which village allows trash cans? As far as I know, we can only put out trash bags.
Old 03-30-2023, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

How about being more responsible TO the pet. That's more important to me. Pets don't get asked if they want to be someone's pet. They don't really have a choice in the matter.

I think a responsible dog owner will walk barefoot along with their dog, whenever they feel the urge to walk their dog on blacktop without booties.

I think that should be an enforced law. If you walk your dog on blacktop when the outdoor temperature is over 70°, you are required to walk barefoot. OR you can put booties on the dog.
Closed Thread

Tags
pet, clean, waste, job, finish

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.