Belle Meade Circle Gate.

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2018, 07:40 PM
Platinum member
Default Belle Meade Circle Gate.

Have not been up to the Mulberry area in about a month. Was surprised when I saw the cart by-pass lanes at the Belle Meade Circle gate were blocked to cart traffic. Wonder who’s great idea this was? We always need another chance to mix cart and auto traffic!
Old 03-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

I think this is just temporary, they were painting the white street markings the other day.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:59 PM

They now have a white post in the center with a sign that states " Pedestrian Traffic Only" It does not look temporary.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:16 PM
Platinum member

I am starting a pool regarding when first white pole gets knocked down. I will take "probably already happened"
Old 03-03-2018, 09:57 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Have not been up to the Mulberry area in about a month. Was surprised when I saw the cart by-pass lanes at the Belle Meade Circle gate were blocked to cart traffic. Wonder who’s great idea this was? We always need another chance to mix cart and auto traffic!
I noticed it as well as it was done rather quickly. That area is a bad place to quickly merge car's and golf carts with that curve and no sign ahead.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:59 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
I am starting a pool regarding when first white pole gets knocked down. I will take "probably already happened"
I wouldn't be surprised !
Old 03-04-2018, 10:46 AM
Platinum member

There is a District 4 Town Hall Meeting this week. I (1) cannot attend due to prior commitments (2) do not live in District 4. Hopefully some attending the meeting will ask. Seems our district governments has been doing a lot of unusual things lately.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:25 PM
Platinum member

While exiting that gate this morning, I saw a group of cyclists go through the now marked "Pedestrian Only" bypass. I am not sure what the collective noun for a group of recreational cyclists is but I will go with "an arrogance of cyclists".
Old 03-14-2018, 09:13 PM
Sage
Default Belle Meade Circle Gate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
While exiting that gate this morning, I saw a group of cyclists go through the now marked "Pedestrian Only" bypass. I am not sure what the collective noun for a group of recreational cyclists is but I will go with "an arrogance of cyclists".

In Florida their protected, for whatever reason. Try cycling the way they do on Long Island they’ll soon learn their NOTHING special, just cycling pests that are routinely shown how not special they really are. I lived in the Town of Southold, organized cycling was banned 3 years ago, proving their only a nuisance and not wanted.
Roads were built for cars and trucks, recreational transportation should be limited to bike paths and side streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2018, 09:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
In Florida their protected, for whatever reason. Try cycling the way they do on Long Island they’ll soon learn their NOTHING special, just cycling pests that are routinely shown how not special they really are. I lived in the Town of Southold, organized cycling was banned 3 years ago, proving their only a nuisance and not wanted.
Roads were built for cars and trucks, recreational transportation should be limited to bike paths and side streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait for it...
Old 03-15-2018, 07:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

No opinion one way or the other coming from me. I'm just waiting for the cyclers to start up!

Tags
cart, gate, meade, belle, circle

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.