Best Aerial Antenna

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 01-10-2021, 05:19 PM
Cool Best Aerial Antenna

Hello,
I am purchasing a home in Hemmingway. I will want to start out with the minimum for infotainment at the house. Probably just the lowest cost internet (at a reasonable speed - only will use one or two devices at a time). YouTube TV, and will want a great antenna to get the most local stations (Ocala, Orlando, Tampa).

I think that I read where someone had a good antenna from a supplier in Michigan, but now I cannot find the reference.

Can someone help?

Thank you.

Sincerely
Paul Hellebuyck
Old 01-10-2021, 05:34 PM
Veteran member

walmart about $35
Old 01-10-2021, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,909 Times in 800 Posts

I have an antenna in the attic over the garage in a CYV about 3 miles west of you, I bought it from Amazon for $27. I can get all the Orlando local channels except Channel 2 NBC, I would need a second antenna if I wanted WESH. I have the antenna only as a backup to my Directv, you do get about 50 channels with the antenna. Many Spanish speaking, religious and sub channels with have old reruns and movies. Good News for you, youtube TV you get all the local channels from Orlando, you get the ten main channels.

Youtube TV Channel Lineup for $65

Amazon.com

If you still want to put up the antenna, this is it, it's not $30 and it's probably the most used model in TV. You should buy it with the mounting pole so you can attach it to the rafters, otherwise it would just lay across the rafters, that was about $18. You would need a third antenna for Tampa and a fourth for Ocala, they're all in different directions. Tampa would the same networks as Orlando.

The Villages Florida

Last edited by John_W; 01-10-2021 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 07:29 AM
Veteran member

Check out Antenna Man - Cut The Cord He has a YouTube channel with a lot of great advice (especially about the cheap antenna above).
Old 01-11-2021, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
You would need a third antenna for Tampa and a fourth for Ocala, they're all in different directions. Tampa would the same networks as Orlando.
Or you could probably use 1 antenna with a cheap rotator. Would save lots of room. You might need a multiband antenna not sure what freq all those local channels use.
Old 01-11-2021, 10:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,710 Times in 1,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
walmart about $35
I bought an antenna at Best Buy for $12. The only problem is that it won't get any channels at all. But, I saved a lot of money.

Tags
antenna, read, tampa, good, orlando

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.