Best cell phone reception in TV?

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2019, 08:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Re Google Fi: If you use small amounts of data the pricing is OK but there are a lot better deals these days out there. Google Fi is $95 for TWO lines with 6GIG of SHARED Data, not unlimited) and is actually quite expensive these days with $40 month per line unlimited (must have 2 lines) on Verizon and $35/month unlimited on T-Mobile (also must have 2 lines) and $45 month unlimited on Xfinity or $12/gig of data and no charge for voice or text (uses Verizon towers). Google-Fi uses THREE 3 services but ONLY if you buy their phones, (T-Mobile Sprint and US Cellular) only T-Mo is decent around here. I've never had good luck with public WiFi hotspots as they are usually very slow and throttle some downloads but of course YMMV. Google-FI does give you unlimited TEXTS overseas but no voice (same as T-Mobile who they are probably using for that). iPhone service is still in beta last time I checked.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
The foil insulation is not the main insulation but only on the outside of the "polyisocyanurate" foam on the outside of the concrete block. For all you who think you are more informed than anyone else.

1. This is a thread on cell phone reception. They talk of foil hindering it.
One person said it was on the roof panels and another person
said it was wall insulation panels.

2. I didn't read where anyone said the foil insulation was the main insulation.

3. It is installed on the inside of the wall.

4. Can't follow your post..... sorry.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
The only time you get a free phone is if you add a line.Least the last I checked
It's true, had to add a third line for a few months because the old Phone a Samsung Edge S7 had an Old School Contract on it. If I remember correctly the third line was $20 for a couple of months.

The Representatives at Verizon on 441 know how to manipulate the Verizon System to Get 'Er Done.

We originally got an Apple 8+ then one week later while I was under the 14-day return they offered a second one for free and they made it happen. $20 for a few months was just sharing the pain with them a little for the old line. It was worth it. The guy then called me when I could update the Primary Phone and I did. It's big, I can see it and I don't intend to update it anymore. We shall see.

They both work great at The Fenney Pool. A whole lot of great people live down that way nowadays. Verizon is a great deal. I can stream music all day if I wish or on trip back up North without being concerned about the data.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Re Google Fi: If you use small amounts of data the pricing is OK but there are a lot better deals these days out there. Google Fi is $95 for TWO lines with 6GIG of SHARED Data, not unlimited) and is actually quite expensive these days with $40 month per line unlimited (must have 2 lines) on Verizon and $35/month unlimited on T-Mobile (also must have 2 lines) and $45 month unlimited on Xfinity or $12/gig of data and no charge for voice or text (uses Verizon towers). Google-Fi uses THREE 3 services but ONLY if you buy their phones, (T-Mobile Sprint and US Cellular) only T-Mo is decent around here. I've never had good luck with public WiFi hotspots as they are usually very slow and throttle some downloads but of course YMMV. Google-FI does give you unlimited TEXTS overseas but no voice (same as T-Mobile who they are probably using for that). iPhone service is still in beta last time I checked.
And you are wrong, after 6 gig data is free (unlimited)

After 15 gig data is throttled back. According to Google less than 1% of there users use over 15 gig.

And of course, we have no idea if the OP needs two phones. Google used to have two carriers, they added a third in the last 24 months.

Don't let facts get in your way!
Old 07-26-2019, 10:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

/// NM, not worth it.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 07-26-2019 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:59 PM
Veteran member

Verizon and only Verizon!
Old 07-27-2019, 08:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,074 Times in 2,743 Posts

Where we live, in the Tierra Del Sol area, Verizon works great. With unlimited data, our phone service also serves as our internet if we turn our phone into a mobile wifi hotspot.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:14 AM
Default Thanks for all the great input.

It sounds like the Verizon network is the way to go. I will start looking at Verizon and carriers that use their network. Thanks again!!
Old 09-09-2019, 06:58 PM

We just bought in McClure. I have AT&T and my wife has Sprint. Both have poor connectivity. What network does US Cellular use?
Closed Thread

Tags
areas, south, network, coverage, carrier

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.