๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜
Old 10-03-2019, 01:50 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts
Default Good advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Be prepared to be overwhelmed. First try to get the sales stuff sent to you before you come here. This is a very large area. It was built from the top (northeast to the bottom, south. It is newer as you go south with some exceptions. Our Village is in the middle and it is only eight years old.

Study the three general types of homes. Ranchesand Patio Villas are the smallest and least expensive after the modular homes that are only found in the parts north east of 441/27. Designers represents the predominant type and size of home people choose here. They are from about 1600 sq. ft to close to 2500 sq ft. Premiers are usually from around 2200 sq ft to sometimes close to 5000 sq. ft.
The price range of all homes here is from around 100K to more than a million dollars, but they all have the same amenity fee of about $150 dollars a month.

We thought at first that it would be easier to leave a Courtyard Villa that is fenced in and has a small yard because we were snow birds when we were looking for a first home. We were sure that is what we wanted. We had looked at many on line, New and used.

We bought a new designer, a Camilla, in Hadley and enjoyed it for four years and then had built the home we live in now full time.

Take your time. Find reasons to return and rent if possible. If you make a mistake and want a different home size or view, homes here are easy to sell.

I do not and have never sold real estate. Get a Villages Sales rep and a MLS realtor and have Frank D'Angelo on speed dial.

I am EXTREMELY BIASED toward living here.

Very good advice. Not much to add. OP, said โ€œnew homeโ€ so donโ€™t know for sure what was meant by that. All new homes (never lived in) are through The Villages Real Estate. if looking at a relatively new resale, I would contact a MLS office and also The Villages Real Estate office. Going to open houses is a very good way to get a feel of what houses are currently available in The Villages. You will find residents happy to talk to you and willing to answer any questions you might have so I would use that to get a different perspective when itโ€™s appropriate. Good luck and enjoy your visit.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrudentLifer View Post
I'm not selling a conspiracy. What I don't like is when the "big" guy on the block does as they please with no regard for others in the trade, because they can. I'm not going as far as an abuse of power but I have always been on David's side, and others like him.
Wow. Where were you when I was trying to buy my house?

Better late than never. Welcome!
Old 10-03-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Wow. Where were you when I was trying to buy my house?

Better late than never. Welcome!

I'm sure you did just fine. [emoji6]
Old 10-03-2019, 07:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Find a part of Florida you like - consider hurricanes and other weather factors.
Visit communities - small, medium and large and find out what size you like. Also what feature.
Use the communities sales office. You will learn a lot.
Once you have some possibilities spend a few days in the community
Before you buy rent.
Take your time. You can always find something to buy.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:54 PM
Default Best method to shop for new home when staying with Florida fsmily

Coastal Florida areas subject to flooding will be seeing exponential flood insurance costs starting in 2020 according to FEMA. Having looked online at certain waterfront areas the prices of houses looked too good to be true.

Coastal homes could see flood insurance premium jump in 2020 | Miami Herald
Old 10-04-2019, 10:28 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
When any developer builds a โ€œdevelopment,โ€ he/the company, owns those homes, correct? Been involved in buying NEW homes in developments here in FL and out west...only could buy new homes from the builder/developer/owner. I canโ€™t imagine that owners would have others selling their new homes.
In my experience (and I used to be a Realtor) most builders list their homes for sale with Real Estate professionals, at least in middle America. Now, if they are very large they may own their own in-house sales organization. It kind of follows the truism that most artists are not good marketers. I don't have a problem with the Villages approach, as they indeed, have their own in-house sales organization. It is up to the buyer or seller to know how this system works and determine the strategy for maximizing their buying or selling experience. PS, be sure to check the FSBO websites, including Zillow, for listings (The Villages listings will not be on Zillow). As others have stated get a copy of the daily Sun when you come into TV and check the real estate section. You will find two full pages of Villages resale open houses, and generally, three pages (on the back of the front section) of new home open houses. There will also likely be several listings for fsbo open houses and MLS open houses. Good luck and best wishes.

Tags
florida, gain, visit, method, shop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.