Best place to buy a washer/dryer in TV land

Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2021, 08:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I always shop Home Depot or Lowe’s.
Old 09-26-2021, 09:46 AM
Veteran member

I would not replace ANY appliance unless it was absolutely broken and could not be fixed. Replaced my dishwasher and now it takes 2 hours and 45 minuted per load. If I don't wanted heated drying I can get a 1 hour load. My old one was 35 minutes with heated drying. Every appliance has been ruined by the new EPA standards.
Replaced my microwave and now the new one can't even pop popcorn completely. The old one popped a bag completely. The new one leaves about 20 kernels unpopped.
My sister replaced her washer and dryer and now she gets about 5 inches of water not a full tub like before. New washers do not have an agitator. A friend of mine got a new refrigerator and the door wasn't lined up properly for a good seal.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
I would not replace ANY appliance unless it was absolutely broken and could not be fixed. Replaced my dishwasher and now it takes 2 hours and 45 minuted per load. If I don't wanted heated drying I can get a 1 hour load. My old one was 35 minutes with heated drying. Every appliance has been ruined by the new EPA standards.
Replaced my microwave and now the new one can't even pop popcorn completely. The old one popped a bag completely. The new one leaves about 20 kernels unpopped.
My sister replaced her washer and dryer and now she gets about 5 inches of water not a full tub like before. New washers do not have an agitator. A friend of mine got a new refrigerator and the door wasn't lined up properly for a good seal.
We ended up getting a new one from Lowes. It works much better than the old one, PLUS it is more energy efficient.
Old 09-26-2021, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,016 Times in 5,320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesratt1 View Post
Be careful of Best Buy. I bought both a washer and dryer three years ago from them. Unknown to me the people that deliver and install are third party. I found this out when I had my dryer vent cleaned a few months later, and had a major case of black mold because they installed the hose for the washer incorrectly. I ended up going to Seniors vs Crimes to get my $6,000 back that I had to pay to have a restoration done and new cabinet put in. Since Best Buy didn't install them, they told me they were not responsible.
Since Best Buy contracted out the delivery and installation to a third party they are certainly responsible. $ 6000 seems like highway robbery.
Old 09-26-2021, 12:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,016 Times in 5,320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
20 kernels unpopped how awful. Our washer is a few years old and it also uses much less water but does do the job though a cycle is much longer.

No questions that current appliances are not as good as older ones. Way to complicated and will not last nearly as long.
Closed Thread

Tags
place, land, buy, comets, plays

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.