Best place to buy a washer/dryer in TV land

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2021, 08:31 AM

Appliance Direct.

Washer Dryer and Refrigerator
Old 06-17-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
My wife keeps giving me subtle hints about our present washer and about buying a new one. Every time she does a load of wash, she turns up the volume and plays Bill Haley and the Comets' record, Shake, Rattle and Roll.
Looking for recommendations as to where is the best place to buy one in TV land. Thanks.
All of our replacement appliances have come from Lowe's. In last five years we've done the refrigerator, stove, washer and dryer.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Lowes or Home Depot during Thanksgiving week or on Black Friday. Best prices and guarantee.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:15 AM

Quote:
My wife keeps giving me subtle hints about our present washer and about buying a new one. Every time she does a load of wash, she turns up the volume and plays Bill Haley and the Comets' record, Shake, Rattle and Roll.
Looking for recommendations as to where is the best place to buy one in TV land. Thanks.
Costco.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:35 AM
Default Home Depot

Quote:
Home Depot went 9th April purchased Washer and Dryer delivered 19th April fitted.... Fine no problems. Dont suggest Lowe's as many seem to have problems there
Old 06-17-2021, 10:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
As said elsewhere I do not do marriage counseling.

Others have said,"we decided." Translation she decided. He does not really care. She now can blame him for anything that goes wrong.

Long gone are the car ads with the babe in the low cut gown if you buy this car you will get the babe. Today one of the Japanese companies ran an ad, and I even let him pick out the color.

Only humans are so confused. In nature each knows their rolls. Prime example Jenner.

Too many women expect a guy to be their girlfriend.

"Too many women expect a guy to be their girlfriend"........OMG. do you ever have that wrong!!!! You are soooo lucky to have her on your arm. If you think that women are needing men for socialization....you are so wrong.
All the women I know will go to the square alone, to a bar, a restaurant, a movie, golf and handle the running of the house...quite well...all alone.
Look at how many single woman households in TV there are. They all manage to get the outside and inside issues handled.
I would guess the ratio of single female to male households is very female weighted.

Saying derogatory remarks will get a person nowhere...except maybe show how closed minded that person is.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:58 AM
Default Good point! How do you get it balanced?

We used "All About Appliances" 352-630-2202. Only needed Springs and shock absorber. Charged 55.00 to come out and look at it and deducted the 55.00 from the price of the repairs. Extremely satisfied and a whole lot cheaper than buying new.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:13 AM
Default Delays

Be prepared for possibly significant delays if the one(s) that you choose are not in stock. My son received his about 6 weeks after they were ordered due to shortages of workers at the manufacturing and shipping sites. He was totally without them during that time because the home he purchased came w/o.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:19 PM
Veteran member

Thank you for all of your replies. I did get a laugh from the one's about my wife. Yes, I think headphones would be cheaper, plus I can't carry a tune, so no singing ;-) Ladies, it's all good fun.

The machine is very level. I think it needs new shock absorbers but since it's 11 years old, a new one is in order. I do not want to go to a laundromat.

The Detergents - Leader of the Laundromat - YouTube

It looks like Appliance Direct, Lowe's, Home Depot and DeSantis Appliances were the most mention, but I will check them out and, yes, my wife will buy it, not me. I'm just doing the leg work.

Thanks again. I appreciate your input!
Old 06-17-2021, 12:36 PM

Be careful of Best Buy. I bought both a washer and dryer three years ago from them. Unknown to me the people that deliver and install are third party. I found this out when I had my dryer vent cleaned a few months later, and had a major case of black mold because they installed the hose for the washer incorrectly. I ended up going to Seniors vs Crimes to get my $6,000 back that I had to pay to have a restoration done and new cabinet put in. Since Best Buy didn't install them, they told me they were not responsible.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:50 PM

I also recommend Appliance Direct in Fruitland Park. They deliver and no problems.
Old 06-17-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesratt1 View Post
Be careful of Best Buy. I bought both a washer and dryer three years ago from them. Unknown to me the people that deliver and install are third party. I found this out when I had my dryer vent cleaned a few months later, and had a major case of black mold because they installed the hose for the washer incorrectly. I ended up going to Seniors vs Crimes to get my $6,000 back that I had to pay to have a restoration done and new cabinet put in. Since Best Buy didn't install them, they told me they were not responsible.
For 6 grand I would have completely redone laundry room and bought you new appliances. I think you reported the wrong crime.
Old 06-17-2021, 04:09 PM

Only if it is not on sale. Vets only get 10% off. If the sales price is more than 10% they get no savings. This apparently was changed in 2018
Old 06-17-2021, 10:13 PM

Lowes.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
"Too many women expect a guy to be their girlfriend"........OMG. do you ever have that wrong!!!! You are soooo lucky to have her on your arm. If you think that women are needing men for socialization....you are so wrong.
All the women I know will go to the square alone, to a bar, a restaurant, a movie, golf and handle the running of the house...quite well...all alone.
Look at how many single woman households in TV there are. They all manage to get the outside and inside issues handled.
I would guess the ratio of single female to male households is very female weighted.

Saying derogatory remarks will get a person nowhere...except maybe show how closed minded that person is.
It is so much easier if you have a good friend as your significant other. As we get older I see many now are losing their life partners to death. I think it is fair to say that it is pretty wonderful to have a man be your "girlfriend". Or sometimes your mother, or sometimes your financial advisor and it is lovely for you to be those things to him, if you are in a heterosexual relationship. All those things still apply to all people. Having someone who loves you is such a good thing in most peoples life. I like the good qualities in both genders.

Tags
place, land, buy, comets, plays

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.