Best Thing about the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2017, 02:25 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Golf Cart living and no snow
Old 10-17-2017, 03:37 PM

The over 1000 clubs. No matter what your interests or hobbies there are others that have the same. You can join, learn and make new friends.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:28 PM

No stress, no traffic, no winter.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:20 PM

GREAT weather year round. Came from Illinois.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:42 PM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood

We, too, are not residents yet. It will be awhile, but we will get here. While walking tonight through one of the neighborhoods, we encountered a resident, and ended up in a fairly long conversation. And it dawned on me. The weather is a plus. The golf is tremendous. The whole place is beautiful. But the thing that separates the Villages from everywhere I've been is.... you people! The friendliness, the helpfulness, the neighborliness of the place. It is definitely the people. I'm sure that eventually I'll run into someone disagreeable, but I'll be able to shrug it off as the abnormality. The idea that we can be walking through a neighborhood and actually have it feel like a neighborhood. Yeah, it's the people. Can't wait to be a frog.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofitz13 View Post
We, too, are not residents yet. It will be awhile, but we will get here. While walking tonight through one of the neighborhoods, we encountered a resident, and ended up in a fairly long conversation. And it dawned on me. The weather is a plus. The golf is tremendous. The whole place is beautiful. But the thing that separates the Villages from everywhere I've been is.... you people! The friendliness, the helpfulness, the neighborliness of the place. It is definitely the people. I'm sure that eventually I'll run into someone disagreeable, but I'll be able to shrug it off as the abnormality. The idea that we can be walking through a neighborhood and actually have it feel like a neighborhood. Yeah, it's the people. Can't wait to be a frog.
We're not full time yet either but we have made so many friends and love our neighbors already.
Closed Thread

Tags
thing, villages, town, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.