Best Thing / Worst Thing About Life In TV

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2018, 07:31 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

BEST: People, going everywhere in your golf cart, friends, golf, clubs, squares, activities, everything inside and outside the bubble, weather, kindness and generosity of most people and knowing I will never shovel snow again.

WORST: Lack of decent restaurants, a few of the people, drivers, health care, scam artists thinking they have easy marks, drunks, however most of these things can be resolved by good planning.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:09 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Best: I occasionally pinch myself to appreciate living the dream in TV.

Worst: The need to occasionally pinch myself to appreciate living the dream in TV.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Best: I occasionally pinch myself to appreciate living the dream in TV.

Worst: The need to occasionally pinch myself to appreciate living the dream in TV.
Best answer!

God bless
Old 01-01-2018, 09:02 AM
Location: Formerly Village of Gilchrist, now Pensacola Villas

Could not have said it better myself!
Old 01-01-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Best answer!

God bless
Hopefully that is what I will be saying this time next year!
Old 01-01-2018, 11:18 AM

Best thing - so many things to do almost every day.

Worst thing - traffic problems. This is an obvious result of population growth, so there likely are no easy solutions. The best things heavily outweigh the worst things.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:06 PM

Best thing - Security seems great (at least in courtyard villas with those 7 foot stone walls.
Worst things - The Lightning from early spring to the end of the hurricane season. (I may become a snow-bird because of this).
- The VA clinic need something done, needs urgent care, needs to stop thinking they are not there to help veterans

2nd Best - Low traffic south of Colony Publix
2nd Worst - only one REC Center serving food. Dangerous Drivers.

Also, we need our own airport.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi33 View Post
Best thing - Security seems great (at least in courtyard villas with those 7 foot stone walls.
Worst things - The Lightning from early spring to the end of the hurricane season. (I may become a snow-bird because of this).
- The VA clinic need something done, needs urgent care, needs to stop thinking they are not there to help veterans

2nd Best - Low traffic sound of Colony Publix
2nd Worst - only one REC Center serving food.

Also, we need our own airport.
What rec center serves food?
Old 01-01-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
What rec center serves food?
Fenney
Old 01-01-2018, 07:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi33 View Post
Fenney
Thank you. Wonder if it will be a trend.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:40 AM
Veteran member

The best-great neighbors, wonderful facilities and amenitities.

The worst-the 25 to 30 % of TV that feels they are entitled and have no concern for others. They don't rake the traps, they don't fix their ball marks, they are rude, drive slowly in the passing lane (illegal to do even if you are doing the speed limit) they stiff servers in restaurants and they want to say how wonderful things were back home and if florida was only more like home. Why the hell did you leave if it was so perfect. No Floridian cares how they did it back home.

Last edited by joldnol; 01-02-2018 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Best is the people and their generosity of spirit and friendliness. I can’t imagine too many places where someone would let a stranger live in their home while their home was rebuilt after after a fire, but I know that has happened here. We give to each other, to charities, to strangers. We volunteer and donate. We don’t say no when someone needs a helping hand.

Worst is the people and their pettiness and small-mindedness, especially when it comes to politics. I’ve heard people say incredibly rude and unkind things to those who don’t agree with them. NIMBY is, sadly, a way of life here. Many are too quick to condemn and belittle those that are different.

TOTV is a prime example of both. You can see the best of people on main threads, especially Helping Hands. You can see the worst on comments about snowbirds and bad drivers. You can see the absolute worst in the Political Threads.
In general...I agree.

The best things are the winter weather, kindness of so many and the easy/convenient availability of golf...in a plethora of forms.

The worst things are those who harbor extreme misogyny/hatred/anger/bigotry/racism/xenophobia...and their reactions & personal attacks when you don't share those traits.

And while I have been careful to be very generic and avoid even the appearance of attacking anyone by name, I'm betting that there will be a number of members...who will immediately complain to the mods.

I'm also betting though, that the mods will realize that this post completely conforms with the rules & guidelines...and will treat it as such.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Best thing - just being there
Worst thing - not being there

I find when I go there for a visit, no matter how long I stay, I don't want to leave. And whether I do nothing or many things while there, I just love being there either way. I had a cousin who did a lot of traveling throughout her life and enjoyed it. Once she moved to TV, she found she really didn't enjoy traveling as much. Every time she did, she couldn't wait to get "home". She was so happy just being there.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Best is the people and their generosity of spirit and friendliness. I can’t imagine too many places where someone would let a stranger live in their home while their home was rebuilt after after a fire, but I know that has happened here. We give to each other, to charities, to strangers. We volunteer and donate. We don’t say no when someone needs a helping hand.

Worst is the people and their pettiness and small-mindedness, especially when it comes to politics. I’ve heard people say incredibly rude and unkind things to those who don’t agree with them. NIMBY is, sadly, a way of life here. Many are too quick to condemn and belittle those that are different.

TOTV is a prime example of both. You can see the best of people on main threads, especially Helping Hands. You can see the worst on comments about snowbirds and bad drivers. You can see the absolute worst in the Political Threads.
I agree.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:10 PM

Best thing: It is everything and more than advertised.
Worst thing: Medical "care".
Closed Thread

Tags
thing, worst, started, opinion, giving

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.