TOTV in 2007

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2019, 07:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default TOTV in 2007

The owner of TOTV was called "Talk Host" and frequently posted.

Many of the topics are the same.

Many of the posters are not with us anymore.

There is some wisdom here, perhaps we should take small problems with a grain of salt, and enjoy each day here in The Villages?

I have a question
Old 11-13-2019, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

There is some wisdom here, perhaps we should take small problems with a grain of salt, and enjoy each day here in The Villages?

I have a question
As it turns out "TalkHost" wasn't such a bad guy after all. At least he didn't hide behind a DELETE button!

And one of the posters I miss -

The Great Fumar was GREAT! I loved reading his posts. The poor guy was never allowed to ride in an elevator..... think about it
Old 11-13-2019, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
As it turns out "TalkHost" wasn't such a bad guy after all. At least he didn't hide behind a DELETE button!

And one of the posters I miss -

The Great Fumar was GREAT! I loved reading his posts. The poor guy was never allowed to ride in an elevator..... think about it
Loved the Great Fumar's wit. Many posters from back then left TOTV for Facebook. Some were cyber bullied off of TOTV.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I had the great fortune to correspond with ZCaveman. What a nice guy and very helpful. He put together a Guideline called Nut & Bolts that was very helpful for someone considering the Big Move.

As in the past, Mr. Schwartz was out amongst the people and was loved by everyone who lived around him in The Historic Section. Later Editions of his family have chosen to be more reserved and I don't judge or blame them. Times change and people change.

I never knew Talk Host but really like that he was one of the people. He let it be known that he owned and ran TOTV'S. Very good.

I believe with all my heart that An Owner if not The Owner of TOTV'S presently is a Poster but has chosen not to identify themselves for their own reasons. That's Cool, I wish them the best.

Read the posts from the past and compare them to the current posts. Only 12 years ago and I notice it was much kinder with the give and take and I didn't see anyone being told to move if the conversation heated up slightly. Seemed more civilized, could it be that the owner was on the scene?? IDUNNO!
Old 11-13-2019, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Loved the Great Fumar's wit. Many posters from back then left TOTV for Facebook. Some were cyber bullied off of TOTV.
Why wasn't the Cyber Bullying stopped? Who was running the joint?
Old 11-13-2019, 08:54 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I believe with all my heart that An Owner if not The Owner of TOTV'S presently is a Poster but has chosen not to identify themselves for their own reasons.
really??

Steve
Old 11-13-2019, 09:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Why wasn't the Cyber Bullying stopped? Who was running the joint?
A lot of them seemed to be from coordinated private messages targeted people who did not quite fit in with some people's ideas of proper behavior.

Talk Host used to pop in at the Crispers' 3rd Friday late lunches and I heard he sometimes would pay for these.

I got introduced to Talk of the Villages when Talk Host did a speech on it back in July of 2007 in front the Villages Computer Club.

Findlaw had run out of gas for a vehicle for my 224 613 Project so I thought that TOTV might work for what I had hoped to do from around 1992 onward. I have jumped out onto other means of communication. Always looking for another canvas to paint on so to speak.

I did have a lot of exchanges with Tony and Talk Host via messages. Tony was Talk Host's partner, I think. Not sure.

A gal, Donna, just down the street was very much into Talk of the Villages. She was quite nice but had a husband who was a helicopter charter pilot up north.

She passed though in late 2011. She was very big into paranormal stuff and I sometimes wonder if she is watching TOTV from somewhere.

ZCaveman and I were into a lot of the same stuff-- FunTrivia, NFL pools, etc. He ran a great NFL Survivor League and did all the work himself.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 11-13-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
really??

Steve
No! Someone had a problem with a few! IMHO did little to stop it and may have even egged (encouraged) them on. There was no more than now.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:48 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

I have a question
Talk host and Tony were entertaining and informative and very active posters back in the day. We have lost many very good, funny, informative effective and entertaining posters, some by death, some by drifting away. I would name them but I would undoubtedly forget some so will not.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
A lot of them seemed to be from coordinated private messages targeted people who did not quite fit in with some people's ideas of proper behavior.

Talk Host used to pop in at the Crispers' 3rd Friday late lunches and I heard he sometimes would pay for these.

I got introduced to Talk of the Villages when Talk Host did a speech on it back in July of 2007 in front the Villages Computer Club.

Findlaw had run out of gas for a vehicle for my 224 613 Project so I thought that TOTV might work for what I had hoped to do from around 1992 onward. I have jumped out onto other means of communication. Always looking for another canvas to paint on so to speak.

I did have a lot of exchanges with Tony and Talk Host via messages. Tony was Talk Host's partner, I think. Not sure.

A gal, Donna, just down the street was very much into Talk of the Villages. She was quite nice but had a husband who was a helicopter charter pilot up north.

She passed though in late 2011. She was very big into paranormal stuff and I sometimes wonder if she is watching TOTV from somewhere.

ZCaveman and I were into a lot of the same stuff-- FunTrivia, NFL pools, etc. He ran a great NFL Survivor League and did all the work himself.
I remember well all the "co ordinated attacks" that took place in the past. I think they still exist, but I sure do not know because I stepped back a bit. Well, they still exist but in a different format.

Talk Host and Tony were both good guys who were very honest and straight forward about everything. Neither felt they had all the answers to anything. The forum was much smaller then but they were available in a lot of ways, and solicited help from members who were participants,

Important to note. A contributor, since passed, admitted to me about coordinated attacks from his group, and I was actually involved in being solicited to do such things, and did so on one occasion in the past, I openly admit. Not proud of it, but I did it.

I get a 'chuckle'.....well, not really because it is not funny, reading the "holier than thou" posts on here from folks who were very heavily involved in those antics. Lots of hypocritical folks.

Missing largely are the folks with information to share and also that you know read what you post or link to, even knowing they may not agree.....they always read and responded.....not so much on here anymore. Links simply get you mocked and means nothing.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Talk host and Tony were entertaining and informative and very active posters back in the day. We have lost many very good, funny, informative effective and entertaining posters, some by death, some by drifting away. I would name them but I would undoubtedly forget some so will not.
Good post. I missed in commenting on their wit and how smart they were in areas you would not expect. Well read.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
I remember well all the "co ordinated attacks" that took place in the past. I think they still exist, but I sure do not know because I stepped back a bit. Well, they still exist but in a different format.

Talk Host and Tony were both good guys who were very honest and straight forward about everything. Neither felt they had all the answers to anything. The forum was much smaller then but they were available in a lot of ways, and solicited help from members who were participants,

Important to note. A contributor, since passed, admitted to me about coordinated attacks from his group, and I was actually involved in being solicited to do such things, and did so on one occasion in the past, I openly admit. Not proud of it, but I did it.

I get a 'chuckle'.....well, not really because it is not funny, reading the "holier than thou" posts on here from folks who were very heavily involved in those antics. Lots of hypocritical folks.

Missing largely are the folks with information to share and also that you know read what you post or link to, even knowing they may not agree.....they always read and responded.....not so much on here anymore. Links simply get you mocked and means nothing.
I love seeing links.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:51 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post

Yes, and those people who post and don't add value drive me crazy.

"If you're not going to add value, or be helpful, don't post."

Oh wait!!!.....never mind.

Old 11-14-2019, 08:03 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

I like TOTV much more now than in those days.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:49 AM
Platinum member

I think the owners of the villages gps are the same owner of totv. If that is true I am pretty sure I can identify both... Rae

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
totv, small, grain, day, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.