Best Walmart for grocery pickup

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2021, 07:00 AM

I prefer Publix because they have a better selection. Plus, Publix is below Hwy 44 there in Magnolia Plaza near the Everglades Rec Center (5 minutes from Fenny). Convenience is priceless.
Old 06-20-2021, 07:53 AM

I’ll 2nd that! Signed up for the delivery service 2 months ago and I am very satisfied with service & perks. App allows you to keep your grocery list current & build it as needed items are noted between order placements. Hit button when ready to order & pick a convenient time for delivery to your home in one-hour increments. Get real time item availability and once ordered, get ample time review order to make changes &/or approve substitutes. I’ll note that if If requested packaging size is unavailable, substitutions are made and typically plays out to lower price, even when non-Walmart brands get substituted. Other perks with their annual fee include gas discounts & free shipping on most items ordered from Walmart.com on-website where you typically buy non-grocery items that compete with Amazon. Definitely worth looking into!
Old 06-20-2021, 08:08 AM

Publix I found have increased prices on items delivered
Old 06-20-2021, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
Publix items are much higher than Walmart's. We used Publix and Walmart and found that Walmart was consistently about 30-40 cents lower, for the same items.

We prefer the Neighborhood Walmart across from Colony Plaza, on Heald Way off of 466A. They have covered pick-up, which is great on sunny or rainy days as the covered bays protect you. During one pick-up, at Publix, it was raining heavily. I felt bad for the person putting the groceries in our trunk, as she was getting poured on, plus our trunk got soaked.
Agree, was too lazy to drive to Walmart for some ribs to barbecue. Publix prices 29 to 39. Walmart prices 13-23. Publix in some areas are convenient and sometimes convenience worth the extra price. But, not on that day.
Old 06-20-2021, 08:31 AM

Walmart neighbor store in Colony Is great. Use it all the time.
Old 06-20-2021, 08:53 AM

Just in case you missed the news. Kroger is now making home delivery. Check out the new site at Kroger.com Your order comes out of the Groveland warehouse.
Old 06-20-2021, 08:54 AM

Kroger's is now offering delivery to the villages! They just built a distribution center nearby. Less expensive and way more choices. They are offering $10 off first three deliveries. Normal charge for delivery is up to $9.95 and they ask you don't tip their employees. My first delivery will arrive tomorrow! Yes I am excited!! Go to Kroger.com
Old 06-20-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyFanatic View Post
We’ve gotten used to Walmart grocery pickup over the past year or so. We are moving to our home in Fenney in two weeks and want to set up a grocery order to pick up when we arrive. Which Walmart is closest to Fenney and offers the best service?
Set up the Walmart ion 466 ! I’ve used them since February 2020 and it’s free!
They are about 20% cheaper than Publix and Winn Dixie is terrible. I also used Walmart.com for everything around the house. In 2 days or less !
I would never use anyone else. If you get anything not up to par they refund you immediately many times not bringing in the item to the store, especially the groceries ! The app is super easy, times offered are great and they want you happy !
Old 06-20-2021, 09:29 AM

Keep in mind once you sign up you will get the weekly specials sent to you by email. This is a real game-changer for the competition I love shopping at Publix but let's face it you do pay a little more. With prices going up each and every day we have to watch the old pocketbook.
Old 06-20-2021, 11:22 AM
Veteran member
Default Instacart

A little off topic, but we use Instacart for almost all groceries. For $99 per year for a membership we get unlimited free deliveries from Publix, Aldi, Freshmarket, Sams Club; as well as other non-grocery (CVS, pet store, liquor stores etc). Each of those stores has items that aren’t available at the others; so we can have all of our favs delivered; such as the awesome Napolian from Freshmarket. Saves time, money (because of less impulse buying compared to if you shopped in person) and gas. Started this due to the pandemic but now we’re permanent users of this service. The search function helps us comparison shop and discover new products.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.

Last edited by Freeda; 06-20-2021 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-20-2021, 02:46 PM
Default Best Walmart for Pickup

Walmart at Wedgwood is our favorite! We live in Chitty Chatty & just head up 301 to 466 & you’re there. Should be a quick shot for you guys from Fenney. You’re right next to 301.
Welcome to The Villages! You’re gonna love it!! 😎
Old 06-20-2021, 06:49 PM

We have found all the local Wal-Mart stores to have excellent pick up service. Publix has made a huge mistake by associating with Instacart. The cost of items are increased, plus the added fees for the service is unacceptable. In addition, be advised that numerous complaints have been issued about the accuracy of the order fulfillment and the fee calculation. I suspect this decision made by Publix is damaging their business image.
Closed Thread

Tags
grocery, walmart, fenney, pickup, arrive

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.