Beware of Comcast, a Personal Opinion

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2015, 01:16 PM
Default Beware of Comcast, a Personal Opinion

Beware of online tactics that Comcast Xfinity uses. I just had the worst experience ever with Comcast Xfinity! I went online yesterday into my account, to see about getting another DVR box for our other TV. I press the button to order another box, and it comes back and tells me that there will be a $0.00 monthly fee with a one time "Self Install" shipping fee. So I press the order button and get a confirmation letter with a confirmation number that states that my order is being processed. Well, don't I get a call today from somebody (probably from India) that my order is in the works, but unfortunately they can't provide that service to my area for that price. However, they can at $17.95 per month. What word comes to your mind? "SCAM"! Obviously, I had them cancel the order. As soon as I can I will be cancelling my entire Comcast service. Of course this is totally my opinion, but I refuse to do business with companies that use questionable business practices. Sorry Comcast, but your out!
Manchester, CT - 35 Years
Wilmington, NC - 3 Years,
Putnam, CT - 6 Years
The Villages - Village of Belle Aire 2 Years
The Villages - Village of Charlotte

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/k...00PIXalt-1.jpg
Old 02-13-2015, 01:26 PM

If you go to the Comcast store on 441 you talk to a person and they hand you what you need and explain the cost and how to wire..
Old 02-13-2015, 01:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default It's hard to be civil when talking about Comcast

if I could only find another internet source, I would be a happy person!
Old 02-13-2015, 01:45 PM

Watch your bill for a change of service fee or cancelling of service. They're good at that too.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
if I could only find another internet source, I would be a happy person!
I wish I had a dollar for every post I've read over the years complaining about Comcast.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:14 PM

The first service that comes up with a way to receive high-speed internet will make a killing getting all the comcast customers. And yes, i know brighthouse is available south of 466a. But noone is available in my area except comcast
Old 02-13-2015, 03:23 PM
Email Reported As Spam

We have all this talk about the FCC desire to regulate and yet no one seems to care about these oligopolies . It doesn't matter which company services your TV, etc they all do the same thing and there is no one you can go to in order to seek relieve
Old 02-13-2015, 03:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynitsche View Post
If you go to the Comcast store on 441 you talk to a person and they hand you what you need and explain the cost and how to wire..
This is excellent information. Where on 441?
Old 02-13-2015, 03:40 PM
Veteran member

In the shopping center across the street from walmarts. It is behind McDonalds and CVS.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:40 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

We have had Comcast for over four years and haven't had any problems with their service. If I want to know anything about our account I always call the 800 number never go online.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:11 PM

Someone told me to get Century link for my internet.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:27 AM
Veteran member

Adam Putnam is responsible for heading the state watchdogs for TV service providers. Yesterday I filed a complaint with his office regarding deceptive billing practices by dish TV. Their rep stated that this complaint could be filed against all the tv providers. I followed up with an email to Putnam asking specifically what if anything was being done to curtail these practices. The response from their office was that since 2007 deregulation, they have absolutely NO control over any buisness or billing practices by these providors. It appears that deregulation which was meant to stimulate competition has backfired to some degree. Pls contact your elected official and voice your concern.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:49 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim007 View Post
Beware of online tactics that Comcast Xfinity uses. I just had the worst experience ever with Comcast Xfinity! I went online yesterday into my account, to see about getting another DVR box for our other TV. I press the button to order another box, and it comes back and tells me that there will be a $0.00 monthly fee with a one time "Self Install" shipping fee. So I press the order button and get a confirmation letter with a confirmation number that states that my order is being processed. Well, don't I get a call today from somebody (probably from India) that my order is in the works, but unfortunately they can't provide that service to my area for that price. However, they can at $17.95 per month. What word comes to your mind? "SCAM"! Obviously, I had them cancel the order. As soon as I can I will be cancelling my entire Comcast service. Of course this is totally my opinion, but I refuse to do business with companies that use questionable business practices. Sorry Comcast, but your out!
I sure do not see a scam. They told you it was not available in your area and what it would cost. They allowed you to cancel with no cancel fee. It was entirely your choice one way or the other.

Best advice is to do your business with them via phone. The stores are too time consuming.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:59 AM
Veteran member

Go in person. Get a name and what you want in writing. Make sure it is dated and if not signed bring a witness. Google fiber is coming to Atlanta next, too bad they didn't choose The Villages. Signs on the horizon is that cable will soon be out, Fiber optics and something from Apple and a third company are poised to take over...Yay!! So many bad reports about Comcast but in all these years, they never found a way to fix things and the customer most often was the badly treated one. We try to avoid as much as possible anything with a monthly bill.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

"Cable" will be around for awhile. It is morphing into a fiber-coax hybrid. Depending on where you live in The Villages you may have other options. For example, on the south side CenturyLink has fiber to the house. Check out Brighthouse if you are south of 466.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimandMe View Post
Go in person. Get a name and what you want in writing. Make sure it is dated and if not signed bring a witness. Google fiber is coming to Atlanta next, too bad they didn't choose The Villages. Signs on the horizon is that cable will soon be out, Fiber optics and something from Apple and a third company are poised to take over...Yay!! So many bad reports about Comcast but in all these years, they never found a way to fix things and the customer most often was the badly treated one. We try to avoid as much as possible anything with a monthly bill.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.