Beware of this guy

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2009, 08:20 AM
Platinum member
Default If, in fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post
Law enforcement can involuntary commit people under the FL Baker Act. My guess is though that this man is quite familiar with the FL mental health system and just knows how to walk the walk and talk the talk to get released. He has to pose a danger to himself or others and unless there is something else in his background other than was has been posted here as well as written in the local newspaper he probably does not meet the criteria for an extended stay at a mental health facility.

Under the Baker Act he can really only be held in a mental health facility for 72 hours + 5 days and then he has to go before a judge for a mental health evaluation. http://www.wearethehope.org/faq.htm#baker http://www.lakecountyclerk.org/faq.a...0Act%20someone
he did slap the KB employee, (which, if I understand it correctly, was in front of witnesses) doesn't that cross the line from simply being a pest to being potentially dangerous?
Old 03-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Taltarzac
Default I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
he did slap the KB employee, (which, if I understand it correctly, was in front of witnesses) doesn't that cross the line from simply being a pest to being potentially dangerous?
Slapping a KB employee is probably not enough for a judge-- even a FL judge-- to toss this man into a mental health facility for more than the usual 72 hour + 5 day observation period.

Various places can ban him though. http://www.dailycommercial.com/local...y/032609banned

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 03-27-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Gold member

Saw him at Sumter Landing dancing on Friday night. I understand that he was in the county lock up for several months and is now out.

Beware
Old 02-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
Saw him at Sumter Landing dancing on Friday night. I understand that he was in the county lock up for several months and is now out.

Beware
Did he still have the Red Sox hat on? What makes you think he's "the guy?"
Old 02-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Gold member

Yes he did have the Red Sox hat on. My wife has had several run-ins with this guy at her place of employment. Beleive me she knows who he is.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Question Private Property

If I understand it correctly the squares and the establishments around them are owned by the Morse family. Therefore private property. If Lady Lake can ban him from city property then he can be banned from the squares as well. Someone who has a history with this guy should approach the powers at be in the Commercial retail group of the villages and get him banned.

As sorry for the guy as you may be, if as reported in the one news article linked in the other posts, he carries a knife, this is a real problem.

Just my opinion,
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.