Beware of Scammer

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznerm View Post
There is a suspected Scammer using a Talk of the Villages account. The name he used with me is Michael Prosser. Maria Kazner
He tried to buy from me too. When a person tells me he is giving me a check and someone is going to pick up the product I know it’s a scam. I like to tell them to make the check payable to the sheriff and mail it to their office.

Last edited by mhorsman; 06-10-2018 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-10-2018, 10:39 PM
Veteran member

Last week I was at the post office. The person next to me was wiping away tears as she was receiving a receipt for the counterfeit $500 postal money order she was trying to cash. In the 30 seconds I was able to over hear, she sold something and was given this money order. Worst part, the item was less than $500 so she gave him change and the item. All the postal worker was able to say, “we see a lot of this, I’m very sorry.”

BTW, from a few feet away I thought the money order looked real. Laser printers have come a long way.

Very sad.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:47 AM

Also received "offer" and promised check from this person. He keeps emailing and calling. Cannot get rid of him.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:50 AM

He keeps promising a check that never arrives.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred McNickle View Post
He keeps promising a check that never arrives.
Turn it over to the police, that might do more than get rid of them. See something, say something.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

This scamming thing is way out of control. The calls never end and the cell phone blocker Mr. Number has stopped blocking. Maybe it is full. I would say an average of 4 calls a day.

A friend of ours was selling a dining room set and this clown offered a check to cover the dining room and the shipping. When she mentioned it to us we said when was the last time you sold something and someone wanted to pay you in advance for something they didn't see and why would you as the seller ever care about shipping? She said she was going to report it to TOTV'S. I don't know the final verdict yet? I just hope she didn't cash the check. I have to find out the name next time we see her. We are a humongous target for these thieves.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:36 AM

Went thru the same thing with Michael prosser aka dhinton@aol.com
He even sent me a check now in my possession for $2000. I assume it’s fake and am considering taking the check to the sheriffs or just shred it.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
He even sent me a check now in my possession for $2000. I assume it’s fake and am considering taking the check to the sheriffs or just shred it.
Definitely take to police.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:

Maybe they can pull prints or DNA off it! I would notify the police and let the whole thing play out as a "sting". He's probably reading this thread anyway as there are many ways to get past an IP block.
Closed Thread

Tags
scammer, maria, kazner, prosser, michael

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.