Bicycle Club Spitting Advice!!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2020, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Is it just me, or do most bicycle riders around here seem entitled?
No, it's not just you. While they're quick to tell you the law says they can ride on the roads I see VERY FEW following the Rules of the Road.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall22204 View Post
Cyclists want cars/carts to obey traffic laws so they can roll through stop signs, red lights, and obstruct traffic. They will ride in the traffic lanes even though the cart path is right next to it. Beyond entitled, they are arrogant. I say if they are not on the cart path, they should be ticketed.
I want one of those pointed plastic helmets
Old 03-29-2020, 06:57 AM

There are some real shallow comments here. It is not limited to cyclist just because some of you seem to despise them. Just this past week I saw a golf cart driver toss his cigarette butt on the multi use path in front of me. I also watched 2 different carts exit a tunnel without stopping, one striking another cart. I also witnessed at least 10 carts not stopping at stop signs. I watched a cart operator cut a bike off allmost sending the rider into a fence. I saw a cart rider puking in the grass on Buena Vista at El Camino near the pond. Last week I saw a pickup truck driver try to beat a cyclist that was merging on Enrique at El Camino, when he did not win and the cyclist rightfully looked at him wrong, the pickup driver cussed him out terribly at the light. My money was on the cyclist who looked like he could have broken the driier in half. So just because you have a problem with cyclist, it does not mean they are the only people out there that are disgusting pigs
Old 03-29-2020, 06:58 AM

for sure!
Old 03-29-2020, 07:10 AM

Thank you bmit16.

I will add, at least half the golf cart drivers I see are so fat that they couldn't ride a bicycle 50 yards.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Is it just me, or do most bicycle riders around here seem entitled?
They are entitled to what's left after the golf cart drivers take everything else.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:52 AM
Default Spitting

I see GOLFERS spitting on the greens, daily! Men spitting on sidewalks. Spitting everywhere. No one should be spitting.
“Other diseases that are spread through saliva include TB, hepatitis, viral meningitis, cytomegalovirus - a common virus similar to the herpes virus - and the Epstein-Barr virus, which is a common herpes virus that causes many diseases such as glandular fever”
Just cut it out, people!
It’s totally unnecessary and disgusting.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
I appreciate your honesty but what “exercise level” requires spitting? I’ve exercised my entire life and never did I spit or even think about it. I’m serious. I’ve never heard of this before. I’ll need to pay more attention when I see a bicycle group.
Evidently you don’t have lung disorder or never smoked.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:54 AM

There are idiots from all modes of travel. Find something serious to be upset about. Stuff happens.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmit16 View Post
There are some real shallow comments here. It is not limited to cyclist just because some of you seem to despise them. Just this past week I saw a golf cart driver toss his cigarette butt on the multi use path in front of me. I also watched 2 different carts exit a tunnel without stopping, one striking another cart. I also witnessed at least 10 carts not stopping at stop signs. I watched a cart operator cut a bike off allmost sending the rider into a fence. I saw a cart rider puking in the grass on Buena Vista at El Camino near the pond. Last week I saw a pickup truck driver try to beat a cyclist that was merging on Enrique at El Camino, when he did not win and the cyclist rightfully looked at him wrong, the pickup driver cussed him out terribly at the light. My money was on the cyclist who looked like he could have broken the driier in half. So just because you have a problem with cyclist, it does not mean they are the only people out there that are disgusting pigs
NO, but you have to Amit got there far share.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Can't argue with that. I haven't seen that much concentrated dysfunction on the part of golf car drivers, but I've sure seen some
Old 03-29-2020, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Some really good points here. I have also seen golf cart and automobile drivers doing literally everything that people here have complained about bikers doing. Some things I've seen drivers (but not bikers) do: empty ashtrays onto a parking lot; throw fast food bags, cups, bottles onto the road or shoulder while driving; intentionally intimidating others (bikers) by driving too close and/or blowing their horn while passing; blocking the crosswalks while stopped at intersections. The list goes on and on...

Yep, some bikers act like idiots; so do operators of every other type of vehicle. Why did this turn into such a rant against cyclists?

As to the original topic, sometimes expectorating can be necessary, such as if there is excess phlegm or saliva, etc. If it done with a certain amount of discretion, as the president of the LSBC seems to be advising, what's the big deal? It's not so much different than dealing with the snotcicle while in the pool.
Closed Thread

Tags
spitting, group, air, club, cdc

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.