Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Bicycle Club Spitting Advice!!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/bicycle-club-spitting-advice-304491/)

jacksonbrown 03-28-2020 04:24 PM

Hey Villageswimmer, I bet you have never spit, or even peed in the pool.

Yeah right.

Villageswimmer 03-28-2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksonbrown (Post 1735505)
Hey Villageswimmer, I bet you have never spit, or even peed in the pool.

Yeah right.

You are correct.

photo1902 03-28-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villageswimmer (Post 1735499)
I appreciate your honesty but what “exercise level” requires spitting? I’ve exercised my entire life and never did I spit or even think about it. I’m serious. I’ve never heard of this before. I’ll need to pay more attention when I see a bicycle group.

Spitting is just a bad, disgusting habit. It has nothing to do with “exercise level”

Bunny1 03-28-2020 06:46 PM

Bicycle Club Spitting Advice!!!

Maybe they are spitting out all the bugs on their teeth!

CFrance 03-28-2020 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunny1 (Post 1735582)
Maybe they are spitting out all the bugs on their teeth!

That's pretty funny!:1rotfl:

tophcfa 03-28-2020 08:57 PM

Hey, let's try to look at the glass half full. Spitting is probably better than pinching one nostril shut, closing the mouth, and giving a quick blow to clear out the other nostril. It's all relative. I know a good joke to describe that, but in todays PC world I will leave the joke up to ones imagination.

Parker 03-29-2020 04:53 AM

It's just you

Two Bills 03-29-2020 05:07 AM

I would rather spit into a wind, than pee into it.

Gatorhutch 03-29-2020 05:16 AM

Agree...especially if they are wearing their matching “Tour De France” outfits!

tsmall22204 03-29-2020 05:37 AM

Cyclists want cars/carts to obey traffic laws so they can roll through stop signs, red lights, and obstruct traffic. They will ride in the traffic lanes even though the cart path is right next to it. Beyond entitled, they are arrogant. I say if they are not on the cart path, they should be ticketed.

jedalton 03-29-2020 06:09 AM

stop signs for bicycle's

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatherer47 (Post 1735431)
today while traveling in my golf cart I approached a tunnel and a guy on a bike came roaring out,failed to stop at the stop sign,and never even looked left to see if anyone[me] was coming-at the next intersection he went through without stopping and I yelled "hey stop sign"--he turned around and pulled up beside me to say " I can drive however I want"---now if that's not a guy who thinks he's entitled ,I don't know what is-these guys feel they're above our traffic laws

I have yet to see one stop for a stop sign. Sometimes they slow down , take a quick look and breeze thru the sign. Other times, they take a quick look and never slow down. I have been here since 2005 and don't remember seeing any bicycles on the model paths for many years. Don't think TV had planned on this and some of the model paths are not wide enough for both much less the runners, walkers, bicycle, 3 wheeler's and etc. IMO, Think a special path beside the model path is needed for these folks.

HarleyDoc 03-29-2020 06:09 AM

Black Kettle

I am a cyclist. I can tell you I never see a golf cart stop (three second legal wheel stop) at a gate cross crossing if there are no cars at the gate. They just roll right through. Same thing goes for crossings the entrance of rec centers. Carts all blow through stops signs everywhere. I had an entitled golf cart pull out in front of me countless times or pass me on a curve and almost head on into an oncoming cart. Friday I saw an entitled golf cart come up to a red light on Odell and since there were no cars coming, run the red light! I rarely see cars slow down at a gate entrance if there is a broken gate. Believe me it goes both ways. I agree spitting is disgusting but do you know how much litter I see in the street gutters riding. Cigar and cigarette butts are everywhere and water bottles as well. There are bad actors on both sides.

Skunky1 03-29-2020 06:14 AM

Spit or swallow that is a dilemma. Because most bicyclist don’t know how to ride. They blow through stop signs and take up entire lanes on a public highway. Good luck to those cyclist who feel the need to be in competition with a 4500 pound vehicle going 35 miles an hour!

davem4616 03-29-2020 06:19 AM

I'm actually more concerned about the amount of flatulence being emitted into the air from all these bikers as they grunt and pump hard to keep up with the rest of the herd....wonder why their president isn't making any statements around position in line regarding flatulence emissions????

just a thought, maybe spitting is 'biker code' for flatulence?

cwhitecat 03-29-2020 06:32 AM

There is no need to spit while exercising, just swallow it. It is a gross unnecessary habit.