Bicycle rental

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2021, 07:13 AM
Default Bicycle rental

Arriving in the villages on January 1. Looking to rent a road bike for the first week in January. Have checked the local bicycle shops and have not had much luck. Just wanted to know if anyone had a bike that they weren’t using that would let us borrow or rent.
Thank you
Old 11-28-2021, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliewna View Post
Arriving in the villages on January 1. Looking to rent a road bike for the first week in January. Have checked the local bicycle shops and have not had much luck. Just wanted to know if anyone had a bike that they weren’t using that would let us borrow or rent.
Thank you
Perhaps, time to think out of the box. Nashbar for example sells bikes. If, you will only be here for a week, you can buy one. It is amazing how they pack a bike into the box. so you want to photo as you unbox. You can rebox it and ship it back home.

Rent a road bike? Assuming you already own a quality road bike would you consider renting yours to someone you do not know? Teasing but, you can always use another bike.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,456 Times in 3,087 Posts

Quote:
Thank you
You can check Santos Bicycles in Ocala, they're 25 minutes north-northwest of the Villages Hospital on 441.

Or you can check the Villages Cycles in Brownwood (which is almost 30 minutes from the same spot).

Personally I think it's a darned shame that the Villages Cycles chose to move to Brownwood. I get that staying in Spanish Springs was inconvenient to most of the Villages but they could've done something more central like Colony Plaza or Sumter Landing.

I'll be bringing my bike to Santos for servicing from now on. Why pay more for a longer drive when I can pay less for a shorter one?
Old 11-28-2021, 12:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,245 Times in 4,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
You can check Santos Bicycles in Ocala, they're 25 minutes north-northwest of the Villages Hospital on 441.

Or you can check the Villages Cycles in Brownwood (which is almost 30 minutes from the same spot).

Personally I think it's a darned shame that the Villages Cycles chose to move to Brownwood. I get that staying in Spanish Springs was inconvenient to most of the Villages but they could've done something more central like Colony Plaza or Sumter Landing.

I'll be bringing my bike to Santos for servicing from now on. Why pay more for a longer drive when I can pay less for a shorter one?
Brownwood will soon be the "central" part of TV...

-Tom Petty
Old 11-28-2021, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Thank you
Another idea. Should you find a bike available for rent, I would expect it will cost you like $20 a day.

You could go to Walmart, or Target and buy a bike for $100 to say $200. It will not be a quality,"road bike," but an inexpensive substitute. Cost close to or less than what a rental will cost you for the week, then, sell it for roughly half what you paid for it or give it to a charity.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:51 PM

Thank you for the suggestion

Tags
bicycle, bike, rent, january, wanted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.