Big Doin's Just West of Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Veteran member
Default Big Doin's Just West of Brownwood

I saw survey crews working just the other day on the corner of Powell and 44R just west of Brownwood. The next day they were digging and laying pipe etc.

There are two golf cart tunnels going to this area from Brownwood.

It won't be long and we will see if it's going to be a Mall or Publix and the like or housing or....?

Personally I think we are going to get a new mall. I'm still hoping for a Trader Joe's.

Last edited by JP; 12-16-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I saw survey crews working just the other day on the corner of Powell and 44R just west of Brownwood. The next day they were digging and laying pipe etc.

It won't be long and we will see if it's going to be a Mall or Publix and the like or housing or....?

Personally I think we are going to get a new mall. I'm still hoping for a Trader Joe's.
Still hope for a Hooters!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Sage

I think it is going to be a Publix which will certainly help, but not where I would have built it. Wonder why no one asked my opinion???
Old 12-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Veteran member

Ha. I think you may be right.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
I think it is going to be a Publix which will certainly help, but not where I would have built it. Wonder why no one asked my opinion???
If it's a Publix, it will probably put the Sweetbay-turned-Winn Dixie at Pinellas out of business. It's pretty empty in there now. Too bad.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:23 PM

Pick up a free overview map at any Sales and Information office, you will see one corner is reserved for a new Villa neighborhood.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
If it's a Publix, it will probably put the Sweetbay-turned-Winn Dixie at Pinellas out of business. It's pretty empty in there now. Too bad.
Publix did not put Winn-Dixie out of business near Spanish Springs when they took over from Albertson's.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Publix did not put Winn-Dixie out of business near Spanish Springs when they took over from Albertson's.
That was a going concern. This one is not as yet.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore-Reel View Post
Pick up a free overview map at any Sales and Information office, you will see one corner is reserved for a new Villa neighborhood.
I think that may be up on the road just North of 44r.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Absolutely agree - that store should have been a Publix - the Sweetbay in Lake Sumter is usually pretty empty as well - don't know who is doing their research, but they missed this one big time. I go to that Sweetbay when I absolutely need something that is commonly available and don't want to fight the crowds at Publix. Otherwise I'm one of those crazy people at Colony Plaza looking for a parking space.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Absolutely agree - that store should have been a Publix - the Sweetbay in Lake Sumter is usually pretty empty as well - don't know who is doing their research, but they missed this one big time. I go to that Sweetbay when I absolutely need something that is commonly available and don't want to fight the crowds at Publix. Otherwise I'm one of those crazy people at Colony Plaza looking for a parking space.
I disagree that the Sweetbay in LS is usually pretty empty. How would you actually know if you only go when absolutely necessary?
Old 12-16-2013, 10:30 PM

Just curious, from the posts I'm getting the impression Sweetbay is not the preferred grocery store? If so, I was wondering why most prefer Publix. I'll probably find out myself when I move down next month.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit53 View Post
Just curious, from the posts I'm getting the impression Sweetbay is not the preferred grocery store? If so, I was wondering why most prefer Publix. I'll probably find out myself when I move down next month.
It's just because Villagers like to whine and complain.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit53 View Post
Hard to "put a finger on it" but, yes, you will see when you move here! I just like Publix's layout better, love the BOGO's and the daily sampling of recipes!
Old 12-16-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
Hard to "put a finger on it" but, yes, you will see when you move here! I just like Publix's layout better, love the BOGO's and the daily sampling of recipes!
I love BOGO'S too, but not when I have to take two. Did you know that at Sweetbay if you buy just one it is half price? Shh, don't tell everyone the new Sweetbay is not crowded. I'm looking forward to having less crowds this winter.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.