The Villages Transportation has changed it's name

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2019, 04:44 PM
Default The Villages Transportation has changed it's name

I have been out of town for a few weeks and just learned that the Villages Transportation has changed it's name to Workman Transportation. I would understand it if the Workman family had been forced to change the name, but I was told that they choose to change it to their own name. Is seems they want to use the buses for many activities and they have been forced to only use them for Villages activities. The Workman family is from Orlando and they see The Villages as only one part of their business. I think they are making a big mistake removing The Villages name from the buses. The trademarked name "The Villages" denotes "home" to the thousands of people from the Villages who ride them. Mr. Workman may enjoy seeing his name on the side of the bus, but I believe he may find that he gave away a valuable asset.

Last edited by Wiserbud47; 08-11-2019 at 03:20 AM.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,437 Times in 3,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiserbud47 View Post
I learned from a taxi driver last week that The Villages Transportation is changing it's name to Workman Transportation. Today I saw the sign has been changed at the shuttle station in Lake Sumter, so I received correct information. I would understand it if the Workman family had been forced to change the name, but I was told that they choose to change it to their own name. According to "my source", they want to use the buses for many activities and they have been forced to only use them for Villages activities. The Workman family is from Orlando and they see The Villages as only one part of their business. I think they are making a big mistake removing The Villages name from the buses. The name denotes "home" to the thousands of people from the Villages who ride them. Mr. Workman may enjoy seeing his name on the side of the bus, but I believe he may find that he underestimated the Villages' feelings for their community's name.
They can call it Big Daddy's BigRig Human Transport System, as long as it gets me to and from the airport safely, efficiently, and at a reasonable price, I'm fine with it.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:07 PM
Sage

A story on this subject was in the Daily Sun about 10 days ago.

Workman has owned the business for about five years. He decided to change the name to distinguish his business from the competition, which we know is Village Airport Van.

I think the name change is a good idea. His business is much more than airport shuttles.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
A story on this subject was in the Daily Sun about 10 days ago.

Workman has owned the business for about five years. He decided to change the name to distinguish his business from the competition, which we know is Village Airport Van.

I think the name change is a good idea. His business is much more than airport shuttles.
The simple explanation. No conspiracy.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:55 PM
Veteran member

My daughter was doing an internship at an equine hospital in Ocala. For transport to and from MCO they suggested Villages transportation. The name really confuses those using airport transport for places other than the Villages.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:16 PM
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ and our beautiful house in The Village of Hillsborough

We were driving in Tinton Falls, New Jersey where we passed The Villages bus. Wow. We were confused. Starting to make sense, now.

Tags
villages, workman, transportation, changed, change

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.