Bikes and Carts

Closed Thread
Old 06-08-2015, 07:05 AM
Veteran member
Default Bikes and Carts

Bicycles can run on the street no problem they dont stop at stop signs and they run with 1 to 20 in a group taking over the road. OK so they have done that for ever. So why cant carts yes I know that would really be a mess but at least they have signals and they do, for the most part obey traffic laws. Bikes not so much and they mostly appear to think they own the road. Just my opinion and yes we all have one.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:34 AM
Location: Village of Dunedin, Keller Tx, Tulsa Ok, Chicago Il, Milwaukee Wi

Probably because the "rules" for bicycles came along far before those of carts. Technically you're right, since they are less safe and slower, but it's a matter for lawmakers to address. They can't keep up in most cases with carts, req them to be passed.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:58 AM
Sage

What traffic laws are you referring to? I see golf carts and cars violate traffic laws routinely; running stop signs, speeding, passing on a solid line, failing to use turn signals, failing to come to a complete stop when turning right on a red, failing to yield to traffic in the roundabouts, failure to provide at least 3 feet of clearance with a bike, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgind View Post
Bicycles can run on the street no problem they dont stop at stop signs and they run with 1 to 20 in a group taking over the road. OK so they have done that for ever. So why cant carts yes I know that would really be a mess but at least they have signals and they do, for the most part obey traffic laws. Bikes not so much and they mostly appear to think they own the road. Just my opinion and yes we all have one.

Last edited by biker1; 06-08-2015 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:35 AM

I totally agree!!
Old 06-08-2015, 08:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Those who can do...those who can't complain. Sorry for the tone but as a former cyclist (I can't DO any longer) I just get soooo tired of anti bicycle posts"
Old 06-08-2015, 08:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Those who can do...those who can't complain. Sorry for the tone but as a former cyclist (I can't DO any longer) I just get soooo tired of anti bicycle posts"
I'm with you. It seems like every few weeks, the bike haters make their presence known. Enough already.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:02 AM
Gold member

And, it seems every few days people are stereotyped and branded "haters" for expressing a differing opinion that is born out of experience.

An open forum for discussion like this should not empower the Thought & Speech Police bent on silencing any viewpoint that differs from their own.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
I'm with you. It seems like every few weeks, the bike haters make their presence known. Enough already.
I just finished a nice bike ride....but I have to say there are a lot of belligerent bicyclists on the road. And please don't tell me "same road, same rules".
Old 06-08-2015, 09:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
And, it seems every few days people are stereotyped and branded "haters" for expressing a differing opinion that is born out of experience.

An open forum for discussion like this should not empower the Thought & Speech Police bent on silencing any viewpoint that differs from their own.

Exactly, and my free thought expressions is , I dislike constant complaint about bicycles on the road. Share the Road, it's the law.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:58 AM
Sage

Exactly what actions do you define as "belligerent" and what do you define as "a lot"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
I just finished a nice bike ride....but I have to say there are a lot of belligerent bicyclists on the road. And please don't tell me "same road, same rules".
Old 06-08-2015, 10:14 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I am not a "hater" of either group. However if anyone doubts the accuracy of the posters issue with cyclists, just go out and plant yourself at any intersection where cyclists frequent some morning and watch and observe. For some unknown reason, many seem to think the laws do not apply when on a bicycle. I know it's not all and some follow the rules, but it is far and away a much higher % of cyclist fail to follow the rules than golf carts fail to follow their rules. I wish it could be explained, other than saying "I have to because unless I do it's not safe" That is a crock of you know what.

If everyone, both cars, cycles and carts followed the rules this would be a much safer place for all.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:20 AM
Veteran member

I just got back from a 21 mile bike ride. It was wonderful! I had no problem with any vehicle, be it a truck, car, or golf cart. There were other bicyclists and walkers out enjoying the morning as well. We all were courteous to one another. I waved a golf cart past me as I approached a divided cart lane section as I didn't want to hold him up. He gave me a big wave as he went by. There is no reason to have any problems out there. Just try to be courteous and share the road.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:33 AM
Sage

What rules are you talking about? What is the percentage difference between bikes and carts that don't follow these yet to be named rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
I am not a "hater" of either group. However if anyone doubts the accuracy of the posters issue with cyclists, just go out and plant yourself at any intersection where cyclists frequent some morning and watch and observe. For some unknown reason, many seem to think the laws do not apply when on a bicycle. I know it's not all and some follow the rules, but it is far and away a much higher % of cyclist fail to follow the rules than golf carts fail to follow their rules. I wish it could be explained, other than saying "I have to because unless I do it's not safe" That is a crock of you know what.

If everyone, both cars, cycles and carts followed the rules this would be a much safer place for all.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
I just got back from a 21 mile bike ride. It was wonderful! I had no problem with any vehicle, be it a truck, car, or golf cart. There were other bicyclists and walkers out enjoying the morning as well. We all were courteous to one another. I waved a golf cart past me as I approached a divided cart lane section as I didn't want to hold him up. He gave me a big wave as he went by. There is no reason to have any problems out there. Just try to be courteous and share the road.
I agree. How often are you really held up for any length of time by cyclist? Why can't we all slow down and allow all of our neighbors enjoy their sport of choice?
Old 06-08-2015, 10:58 AM
Veteran member

Another anti bicycle BS post.
Closed Thread

Tags
road, stop, bikes, carts, run, part, traffic, obey, signals, mess, laws, opinion, group, taking, signs, problem, street, bicycles

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.