Biking Group

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2020, 02:47 PM
Default Biking Group

Is there a biking group formal or informal in the area of Fenney, McClure, DeSoto, etc.??

I'm already aware of the SLBC and the smaller club to the north.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteweyGriffin View Post
Is there a biking group formal or informal in the area of Fenney, McClure, DeSoto, etc.??

I'm already aware of the SLBC and the smaller club to the north.
Excellent question.

I'm an active member of the SLBC. And, after 35 years of riding with various clubs, I can state, without reservation, that SLBC is the safest and friendliest.

See here, and send SLBC your query

Contact Us - Sumter Landing Bicycle Club
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:55 PM

I don't think there is one down here yet but I've only been here a few weeks. Currently I'm split 50/50 on either driving up to join the SLBC rides or risking life and limb on warm springs/morse and riding up. Can't really recommend riding up there though, the traffic is heavy, usually speeding, and there is no shoulder. Can't wait until the bridge is done!
Old 02-24-2020, 07:36 AM

We ride from Barnes and Noble and the Bradenton Rec Center, sometimes riding to Fenney and back.

Yes, once the bridge is built then riding will be somewhat safer; although, riding as groups of 8 - 10 cyclists for visibility, to my knowledge we have never had an accident between 44 and Fenney.

Anyway, here is the link to the club's contact page.

Contact Us - Sumter Landing Bicycle Club

BTW, it's THE BEST cycling club in the southeast!
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Closed Thread

Tags
biking, group, club, smaller, slbc

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.