Biking Question

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Sage
Default Biking Question

I'm about to purchase a new bike, and I'm considering a few different types. Since I will be moving to TV later this year, I thought I ask...

I know there are the roads and cart paths to bike on, but I was wondering if there is anyplace to do off-road biking? Nothing too intense, but just a place to get off the pavement and have some fun, or maybe see some sites. I'll gladly take any advice from you bikers out there with respect to biking in TV in general also.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Veteran member

There is an off road trail called Santo's probably about 8 miles from here toward Ocala. My neighbor has off road (mountain) bikes and he goes there alot. I think there are some others around, too.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Location: Euclid, Ohio--Anahein California--DeLand Florida--Virginia Trace
Cool Harley Davidson

Get a Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic. Riding them petal bikes on the road with all them old geezers will only get you killed.---Live to ride, Ride to live!!1
Old 03-17-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis44 View Post
I'm about to purchase a new bike, and I'm considering a few different types. Since I will be moving to TV later this year, I thought I ask...

I know there are the roads and cart paths to bike on, but I was wondering if there is anyplace to do off-road biking? Nothing too intense, but just a place to get off the pavement and have some fun, or maybe see some sites. I'll gladly take any advice from you bikers out there with respect to biking in TV in general also.
The Santos Trail is a good option and nearby to TV. You can park at the Santos Trailside Bike Shop that is located on the southbound side of 441 in the southern part of Ocala. The trail is right behind the bike shop and, if necessary, you can have them service your bike.

Welcome to TV!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Have you looked at this site? Mountain Biking | Mountain Bike Trails You can click on the state and see the locations of mountain biking trails.

Might be fun to plan some day trips.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:21 PM
Veteran member

Their is over 80 miles of truly world class single track mtn biking trails in the Santos system. It has been given a Bronze level "Ride Center" by the International Mountain Biking Assoc. ...... one of only a hand full in the entire country!!

You can find trails of all levels from beginner to expert, along with multiple trailhead entry points along the length of the system that runs from near the intersection of se 80th st & 441/27 to SR 200.

Their is a group of shall we say ..... more "mature" riders that gather every Sunday. It is a nice casual group that welcomes everyone and never leaves anyone behind. It is generally lead by a couple of TV'ers that work at Village Cycles.

More info here: Ocala Mountain Biking Assoc
Old 03-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Sage

I'll also be purchasing a new bike soon. Leading candidate locally so far is the Specialized Rockhopper 29. What do you think? Would it be worth with my while to wait and shop around TV? (By the way, I'm 6'-6" and a good fit is #1 priority.)
Old 03-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

ooops I thought it was a thread on "bikinis"
btk
Old 03-20-2013, 02:52 PM

There are many bike shops in and around TV, including our own Village Cycles (Welcome to Village Cycles). I would recommend waiting to get here to buy locally and establish a relationship with the people who will be servicing your bike.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:06 PM

If you have a specific brand in mind you may want to make sure it is carried here. I find what is in TV very limited and have purchased my Treks in Orlando. The Villages bike shop is very friendly, just limited.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Sage

<sorry...wrong thread>
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.